Ean an Article thief? this guy thinks so - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

That's pretty much it doods. No reference to the darwin vs machine post. Ean even says "I have graphed what I believe to be two of the most emotional aspects of music..."

Pretty much blatant plagiarism

EDIT: Ean does ref darwin vs machine for full article.. I apologize.. Still, It's just like me putting half a newspaper article on my blog then at the end just saying "read full article here..".

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    Lol.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

That's pretty much it doods. No reference to the darwin vs machine post. Ean even says "I have graphed what I believe to be two of the most emotional aspects of music..."

EDIT: Ean does ref darwin vs machine for full article.. I apologize.. Still, It's just like me putting half a newspaper article on my blog then at the end just saying "read full article here..".

Quote Originally Posted by From the DJTT Article
    Ever wondered why you get chills when listening to music? Perhaps you might have suspected cycles of pop music seem to follow economic cycles. Well, writer Yale Fox has an entire blog dedicated to studying the “science of nightlife culture” called Darwin Vs The Machine that has looked at both subjects. In today’s article he goes into the chill theory and why popular music may pick up in pace as the economy slows down.

Got the Chills?
    by Yale Fox
    plagiarism when referencing the article and the author? explain...
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

haha yeaah.. attention to detail isn't my forte.. feel free to move my posts to the 'i iz drunk' thread...

Dude I hope I don't come across rude, but did you even read the article. The very first paragraph says

Ever wondered why you get chills when listening to music? Perhaps you might have suspected cycles of pop music seem to follow economic cycles. Well, writer Yale Fox has an entire blog dedicated to studying the “science of nightlife culture” called Darwin Vs The Machine that has looked at both subjects. In today’s article he goes into the chill theory and why popular music may pick up in pace as the economy slows down.

Got the Chills?

by Yale Fox

Have you ever listened to a song that’s given you shivers? The pleasant feeling of chills running up your spine are actually called Fris....
    In the first paragraph Ean says he didn't write the article, says it was written by Yale Fox, and mentions his blog "Darwin Vs The Machine." Everything after the "By Yale Fox" means just that, it was written by Yale Fox. That means when it says "I," it's referring to Yale Fox.
    http://www.numark.com/images/logo.gif

id do a [strike]strike[/strike] through your earlier post, or other people will see red before they get to your ninja edit :P

edit: aw boo, no strike? :/
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

"...came up with a different way of saying it and posted it under some alias he uses calle yale fox."
    problem, CondGoods?

Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I ended up at that darwin vs machine site through outside links so when I saw the graphs etc I just posted it.. I agree plagiarism is probably too strong of a word, but still, pretty much just pieced together an article from other people's stuff.. All I'm saying is that if I handed in an essay to uni like that I would most likely fail..

haha I don't want to sound like I'm hating on Ean either.. Free candy's to everyone who helps me out of my well doug grave

EDIT: that's right DOUG. I'M KING OF DJTT WOOOO
    Last edited by levvis; 10-27-2010 at 09:13 PM.

I ended up at that darwin vs machine site through outside links so when I saw the graphs etc I just posted it.. I agree plagiarism is probably too strong of a word, but still, pretty much just pieced together an article from other people's stuff.. All I'm saying is that if I handed in an essay to uni like that I would most likely fail..
    That's totally different.

It's more like if you had a friend that liked electro.

So you say "hey Cab can I get one of your electro mixes on CD. I think might friend will like it."

I burn you a CD and then you put a Posted-Note on there that said "Hey friend, I thought you might like this mix, its by Cabdoctor."

Your friend wouldn't think you mixed the CD, they would know Cabdoctor did it. But your friend would realize that it was you that thought they would enjoy the mix and arranged for them to receive a copy.

Same with this article. Ean didn't copy parts of the article, the article is intact and whole. Rather he presented it with a "forward," a short introduction that arouses interest, that pointed to the article and the author.
    http://www.numark.com/images/logo.gif

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast