My EQ and Master Knobs won't respond right HELP NEEDED QUICKLY
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default My EQ and Master Knobs won't respond right HELP NEEDED QUICKLY

So i use a numark stealth control and a maschine control both on a powered USB with my macbook, recently i was just messing around and all of the EQ knobs on the stealth (and the master volume knob) started moving by themselves (in very small increments) and also not responding in a constant way when i turned them. i've tried switching USB ports, and re-importing the .tsi files, neither worked. any help would be much appreciated considering im supposed to DJ the next two nights in a row, thanks

specifically, the knobs when all the way left are at -100% like they should be, but when you turn them right they move slower than they should until they reach around -50% then they move faster than they should and when turned all the way right only reach +59%
    Last edited by Delusional; 10-28-2010 at 12:27 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Just thinking out loud here. Can you pull the knobs off and see if maybe the nuts underneath are lose? I don't know for sure the Stealth has these nuts though as I've never seen one. Is there any kind of sensitivity setting on the controller? Any kind of vibration? If you shake the controller does it get worse (would point to a controller problem?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

if you're on traktor make sure that the correct in/out port is set to the right tsi. i guess there's a conflict with the maschine and the stealth cause they're both on midi channel 1.

/edit:

ok didnt read the last paragraph :P
    could be the sensitivity setting in the tsi..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Convert

pulled the knobs off and checked the nuts there fine, shook it no change. how would i check the sensitivity of the .tsi? i am using traktor pro and the default .tsi that it has. i feel like there must be some kind of pulse or something coming form somewhere because sometimes ill be using a different part of the controller or not using it at all and all the EQ levels on both decks and the master will all go up by about 2%

download a midi monitor (google gives you some results) and check if it's the knobs sending out odd messages..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

it might be that the you have mapped the same knob cc/notes to ur maschine.? does traktor knob visuals move when u move a knob or press a pad on the maschine?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's not a sensitivity setting in the Traktor preferences afaik. I was thinking that the controller might have some type of sensitivity knob or something. Does it happen when the Maschine is not plugged in?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

i think it is the knobs sending out "odd message" becuase i was mapping a different part of the controller and i pressed learn and before i had a chance to turn the knob i wanted mapped, one of the knobs mapped to one of my EQ knobs popped up as learned. i downloaded a midi monitor and am waiting for it to respond but im fairly sure thats whats wrong. what do i do about these "odd messages" then?

Tech Convert

it does happen when the maschine isnt plugged in and the midi monitor has now been picking up signals from some of the EQ knobs that are either at the highest value possible or the lowest value possible

Tech Wizard

I had the same problem when I had my stealth and launchpad connected.. I didn't have the right midi in/out set in traktor for each individual controller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast