kontrol S4 users: where will you potentially put your S4 "in the club"? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    fuck me! despite what I said earlier, does he know how much those things cost???
    Yeah hes quite nuts i say. He also like to smash records the try to cut himself with them during his sets.:eek:

But on topic, I guess id either move them or get some decksavers.
    Last edited by Dj just b; 10-29-2010 at 07:47 PM.
    Maschine, Abelton live, Massive, Samson studio monitors, Ks4, New truss, revo 4, Chauvet minspots on the way,Traktor pro Thank goodness for just needing the sn#!!),2nd 13" macbook

All fire lost:Signed Vci-100 arcade, akai lpd8,Truss and all lighting, 13" macbook, hercules rmx

sebastiannz

there is a good tip in one of ean's articles about getting a piece of foam to put over cdjs or turntables...cut to fit the s4 and that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj just b View Post
    Watch this. Go to 12 min point and dj swamp will show you what to do with the cdj's :eek:

http://www.muzu.tv/dmcusa/dj-swamp-s...c-video/543838
    My mind just fucking melted. Talk about blurring the lines between reality and cartoons on acid...........

Last time I saw this guy he was carving his name in his chest with broken records.

What an artist (beautiful psycho)
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Ive seen guys get like wire frame things.. that fit over a standard rig (1/2000's + 800M) or just over a cdj/TT and sit their controllers/laptop on top of that. Really depends on the booth layout though, some booths will have extra shelves, some will have decks already elevated, so yeah lol

see link for example - http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...5.145081851377

Tech Convert

I use one of these for my vci/x1 that I bolted together and plan to use it when my s4 arrives.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...ptop-elevator/

It's sturdy enough to feel secure, I installed some stick on rubber
    Bumpers on the bottom of my vci that fit perfectly around
    The laptop stands frame to help keep it in place and not
    Sliding around. I actually started using it to keep my platters from moving in booths with lots of vibration as the frame is c shaped when seen from the side, it's got just enough spring to it to soak up the vibrations. It's the perfect width, pull a cdj out of the booth and the stand fits right in there without shifting anything else. The height is also good as it's just high enough for my vci to hover above the mixer but not high enough to feel wobbly.

Tech Mentor

I like the idea of having two stands, I think this is the most feasible, is there's no room in the booth and there's no place to move the decks installed.

Will the Crane stand do the work?I plan to use one with the s4 and my laptop.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    yeh, CDJs are SOOO last decade, just hand them out into the crowd as souvenirs.
    Hillarious bro. I would love to try that in the future :P

Going back on topic here..

Has anyone used their S4 in the club yet? Were there any problems with finding the space? Did you fit in the booth ok?

Just interested to know if its finding its way into the booths.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Mentor

I use mine in the club ALL the time, 3 days a week. I have a magma bag, so i fit everything i need on my back.
    But sometimes i find it REALLY hard to fit in a booth .. I think i'll buy 2 crane stands or something to use .. anyone tried that?
    - MPB 15" & 13" - S4 - X1 - HDJ 500 & 1000. -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast