New firmware Midifighter-20101029 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

There must be I just dont know how

Limey?

Tech Mentor

I'm guessing that you need to use the same program that we've used to flash the MF and the first line of the Terminal Coding is:

Code:
    dfu-programmer at90usb162 erase &&
    Then there must be an option to

Code:
    dfu-programmer at90usb162 "extract" or "backup" or something
    I've just gone a quick search and can't find a command list for dfu-programmer and I'm on a PC at work and my mac is at home. Could someone try to find the command list - try

Code:
    dfu-programmer ?

or

dfu-programmer --help
    Or something in Terminal?
    Last edited by notshy; 11-04-2010 at 05:21 AM.
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Well I'm about to travel for a couple weeks and won't have time to mess with the midifighter so hopefully by the time I get back someone will have a better answer If not I will mess around in terminal and see if I can figure it out. It's really weird, it was working before but a little flaky and then suddenly it was giving no response at all, now the upper left light is all I get every time I plug it in.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    is there a way to read the hex with a mac?

I would recommend doing it on PC as the method is much more straight forward on that. (That's what friends are for if you don't happen to have a PC inhouse)

Here's a link to a thread with detailed instructions how to do it on PC. You need to download Atmel Flip software & it's as easy as 1 2 3.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11511

I did this after losing my patience figuring out how Terminal on mac works...

I hope this helps. : )

M

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Systemattik View Post
    I would recommend doing it on PC as the method is much more straight forward on that. (That's what friends are for if you don't happen to have a PC inhouse)

Here's a link to a thread with detailed instructions how to do it on PC. You need to download Atmel Flip software & it's as easy as 1 2 3.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11511

I did this after losing my patience figuring out how Terminal on mac works...

I hope this helps. : )

M
    There are programs such as Wine that let you run Windows programs in OSX and also Parallels etc but not quite sure if they'd work too well with seeing the hardware the way Windows would see it.

There must be a way to do it using that Mac program if it can flash the firmware then it must be able to read it ....
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Well I flashed my VCI using parallels on the mac so I think I can probably do the windows stuff for this one using that too, but I'd prefer using Terminal so I'm going to try that route first.

Tech Convert

brilliant thanks!

Tech Wizard

I just reflashed my Midi Fighter but the when i plug it in the top 3 lights are a quick dim flash, this states that i have an old firmware.. but i just reflashed it.. any ideas?

-edit- i downloaded the wrong hex files, i just clicked on the first green download logo I saw, for those who are going to flash make sure to scroll down the download page and download the hex file with the latest date on it.
    Last edited by musick; 11-07-2010 at 05:31 PM.
    The name's gh0stline - Traktor Kontrol s4 - Midi Figther - iPhone 4 TouchOSC

Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    -edit- i downloaded the wrong hex files, i just clicked on the first green download logo I saw, for those who are going to flash make sure to scroll down the download page and download the hex file with the latest date on it.
    Oops! There, fixed that. Still a bit "fingers and thumbs" with Sourceforge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast