New firmware Midifighter-20101029
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow New firmware Midifighter-20101029

For those who know how to reflash their Midifighter, we have a new firmware available on Sourceforge:

Features:
    • Fourbanks mode is enabled.
    • Analog inputs are now smart faders.
    • Faster and more robust Analog debouncing.
    • Digital and Analog note messages move with the MIDI basenote.
    • Digital inputs no longer require a pull-up resistor.
    • Menu mode will disallow invalid values, making it safer to use.
    • Updated internals to the latest LUFA 101122 version, using the High Level MIDI Drivers.

See the README.txt file in the source code zipfile for more as I start updating the reference pages in this forum to reflect the latest features. Please report functionality issues here and I'll fix them as soon as I can.

EDIT 2010-11-01: Fixed an issue with EEPROM values not being saved correctly. Please get a fresh copy of the .hex file from Sourceforge.
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 11-01-2010 at 06:56 PM.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

dope - will try this out asap!

Tech Mentor

Fresh, top work Fatlimey!
    Are the digital inputs "fixed" so they don't need a resistor now?

Tech Mentor

Sick news - will flash it later.
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Check the update, fixed a single character booboo in the code.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Check the update, fixed a single character booboo in the code.
    Fatlimey - thanks for the new FirmWare - just flashed it fine on a Mac but will do some heavy testing when it's not 2am on a week night!

Just a quick one - can I offer a minor suggestion for the Mac Install method? I've recently moved over to OSX from Windows and learning my way around it. One thing that I found very useful is that you can drag and drop a file into Terminal and it will write the full path to the file in Terminal for you. I used this in the 3rd line of Step f of the Mac install - I copied the line from the text file into Terminal, then deleted the last part "midifighter.hex" and dragged and dropped the hex file into terminal then hit enter.

It's just a minor thing but it would mean that someone could do the whole OSX flash method without any knowledge of Terminal Codes - just copy and paste and one drag and drop.

Anyways - if you chose not to update the install method I won't take it personally but I thought I'd offer my 2 cents!

Thanks again for the new firmware and I look forward to that new Menu Mode!
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

New firmware installed & looking forward to using 4 banks mode : ) Super Sweet !!

So I've got a MIDI Fighter that just stopped working. Light on the upper left button turns on when it's plugged in and just stays on no matter what else I do. Will flashing the new firmware likely cure this or is there some other magic I need to perform first? Thanks for all your work on this!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey

All you will need to do is reflash it using the jumper method outlined in my sticky.

If you can could you try reading the HEX from the device before you update it?

Im very keen to get my hands on the corrupted code to see if it gives me and Robin any clues as to why this happens.

is there a way to read the hex with a mac?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast