Traktor S4 pricing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor S4 pricing?

Hey guys,

I am brand new to the forums. I just got in to DJ'ing from a good friend of mine. He introduced me to these forums about 5 - 6 days ago, and since then I have been on the DJTT site / forums like a kid on crack (I'm sure if I could see how many times i've visited this site a day since I was first introduced to it, it would be like 500 times a day!).

I love the site, and the community of people you have here is very strong.

The one thing that really bugged me today was the S4's pricing in comparison to Guitar Center. I don't know about you guys but $100 off the S4 is a huge deal in my book, especially since im a college student working part time with bills!

Anyone know if DJTT will be giving us any discount on top of what we paid or anything? I pre-ordered mine on Oct. 23rd from the site.

Anyway if not, it's fine too but it just really bugged me that people got theirs a few days earlier and saved literally $100 off.

I'm sure i'll be chatting / talking to all of you on the forums!

Thanks for reading,
    Coldfuzion

DJTT is offering the S4 for $899, which is the standard retail price. If you mean the Guitar Center 10% promotion, it does not necessarily make a huge difference because you are still paying tax (if you buy through DJTT, you don't pay tax).

The forums you have quickly grown to love are not free to run. By buying the S4 through DJTT and not some US mega-corp, you are supporting DJTT--which is 100% ad free.

Welcome to the forums and don't fret--you will get the S4 soon enough.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyDonePun View Post
    DJTT is offering the S4 for $899, which is the standard retail price. If you mean the Guitar Center 10% promotion, it does not necessarily make a huge difference because you are still paying tax (if you buy through DJTT, you don't pay tax).

The forums you have quickly grown to love are not free to run. By buying the S4 through DJTT and not some US mega-corp, you are supporting DJTT--which is 100% ad free.

Hehe, you're completely right - I am referring to the 10% promotion. The thing is, I do have to pay tax as I am in California as well ($75 in taxes). That's what hurts!

That's exactly how I am justifying the purchase to myself (for right now at least, since the S4 is clearly amazing and I don't mind dishing out the cash for it), that and all the tips that DJTT puts up, as well as the huge community they have. Along with that I do believe those of us who pre-ordered the S4 through DJTT get an exclusive DVD from Ean Golden?

In all honesty it isn't a huge deal (the $75), I was just curious to see if I was the only person that felt that way.

On a quick side note do you know if DJTT is offering an extended warranty plan?

And thank you for your response ,
    Coldfuzion

Tech Guru

I've been thinking this as well, but really the GC deal was 899.00 - 10% plus tax. In my state it would be a - 3.5% so minus 30 bucks.

For 30 bucks and having it 4-5 days earlier Id rather support the guys here. This is one of the best boards ive ever been a member of. My DJ career can survive 5 more days with out the S4.

I hear ya though.

Oh and we get a DVD!!!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I've been thinking this as well, but really the GC deal was 899.00 - 10% plus tax. In my state it would be a - 3.5% so minus 30 bucks.

For 30 bucks and having it 4-5 days earlier Id rather support the guys here. This is one of the best boards ive ever been a member of. My DJ career can survive 5 more days with out the S4.

I hear ya though.

Oh and we get a DVD!!!

your right~~ support DJTT!!!! plus i've waited this long, so what's another few days gonna hurt!! LOL

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The bigger the Company the greater the discount they can give.

We dont have GC in UK and i have heard a lot of complaints about how they handle themselves so i wouldnt have been in a hurry to buy from there if i was in US.

If i was in US and had to buy an S4 id have bought from DJTT.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyDonePun View Post

word!!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    word!!!
    +1

Twenty First Century Jukebox

DIGITAL HEART - VINYL SOUL

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    If i was in US and had to buy an S4 id have bought from DJTT.
    Haha I love how you say "if I HAD to pay for the S4"

One day I'm gonna be a NI beta tester and get these sweet "toys" for free too lol...at least in my perfect world I will be lol

Tech Wizard

With the 10% GC coupon and the 899 price tag the tax was basically wiped out. So no real difference except some lucky people got theirs on Friday and didn't have to wait for the delivery driver at home all day and oh the dvd from Mr. Golden but that didnt really matter to me
    Kontrol S4 & Traktor Pro S4, APC40, MPK49, Ableton 8.2, Studio Machine Dell Precision 490 Intel Xeon 5130 2.0Ghz 3GB RAM Win XP, Performance laptop Dell Latitude D630 Intel Core 2 2.6Ghz 4GB RAM Win 7 Ultimate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast