Social Network for DJ's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Social Network for DJ's

I am currently making a social network for dj's/producers/clubs/promoters its going to be called The DJ Point. What features would you like to see and what would get you on it. Any other comments welcome. I want it to be a usefull and fun tool for DJ's. Thank you to anybody in advance who posts any ideas/ relevent comments. There are a couple allready out there but to be honest they are pants

Location services so we know where different DJs are playing, when we're in the same city, etc.

The equivalent of facebook's event feature. Maybe a better way of promoting different events.
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

it's called Resident Advisor no?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Maxledaron View Post
    it's called Resident Advisor no?
    ^ this

and then there's souncloud. and myspace. and facebook. does the world really need yet another social network?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jasperjones View Post
    ^ this

and then there's souncloud. and myspace. and facebook.

i have to agree, the current social networking services are more than adequate especially when used in conjunction with the many forums targeted towards people involved in dance music culture.

but if i have any suggestions is this, seems like the general contention among people (myself included) about facebook is how it encourages people to forfeit their right to privacy - which to me is beyond warped. so when you make you site, avoid the whole invasion of privacy approach that big-facebook-brother has taken.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    i have to agree, the current social networking services are more than adequate especially when used in conjunction with the many forums targeted towards people involved in dance music culture.

but if i have any suggestions is this, seems like the general contention among people (myself included) about facebook is how it encourages people to forfeit their right to privacy - which to me is beyond warped. so when you make you site, avoid the whole invasion of privacy approach that big-facebook-brother has taken.
    i second this +1

Twenty First Century Jukebox

DIGITAL HEART - VINYL SOUL

Tech Mentor

asmallworld.com clone made for dj's? don't think it will work, but take care of that privacy thingy and make something like a large area for posters and fliers for upcoming events near your location featuring the dj's you follow/stick to.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

The only item that is still not present on any social media, the opportunity to collaborate with other DJs on DJ sets. (See the DJTechTools SuperMixes etc)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    The only item that is still not present on any social media, the opportunity to collaborate with other DJs on DJ sets. (See the DJTechTools SuperMixes etc)
    Boom! And there it is right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    +1. I think there's a band site that has something like this for realtime collaboration. The tools are probably all there for it to work. I tried to do this with a friend but couldn't figure out how to deal with latency but how cool would it be if there was some way that anyone could log into the site, squeeze a few songs into an ongoing mix, and play along with others. When your turn comes you just mix into the stream you hear, and the combo gets sent out to the next person in real time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast