TSPro question...

Default TSPro question...

I'm potentially going to take advantage of the 50% off Traktor Scratch Pro. I really don't plan on using the timecode cd's & vinyl but like the option. To my understanding, the TSP software is exactly the same as the Traktor Pro software just with the timecode option available, right? So I don't HAVE to use the timecode and can just use any midi controllers to control the software? I'm thinking TSPro with the DN MC6000 and using the audio8 to output to my external mixer but be able to use the MC6000 as a standalone when necessary.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You got it all correct dude.
    TSP is TPRO but with the ability to use Timecode.
    Its only used as TSP if you select Scratch Control with the Input Selector otherwise it functions just the same as TPRO.

Its a good move cus your getting an awesome soundcard... no brainer.

If you never intend to use the vinyls just sell em on ebay. You could even sell the multicore cables as well.

Word,

Thx Karlos. I'll probably keep the the vinyl/cd's & cabling as I'm sure I'll get the itch to go "old school" on occasion and use my turntables. And yeah, it's really hard to pass up TSP software AND an audio 8 for for 50% off. I haven't totally ruled out the S4 but from what I'm reading, I'm glad I waited. I'm kinda bummed you can't remap buttons on it without losing HID functionality and default mappings. Otherwise it seems like a great all in one unit.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Telly posted on NI that when he was doing his user mapping he had a midi monitor running and it didn't pick up any activity. He also said the jogs were definitely not midi resolution.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

From what I gathered you have to forego the NHL control and default mapping to remap the buttons via midi but I could be wrong. I hope I am but that's why I'm hesitant on purchasing the s4.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You can remap some functions and still use NHL mode by using the Default User mapping & the Embedded mapping.

You can use the User mapping as that is still in NHL mode but you lose some functions that seem to be embedded into the actual code of the software.

I havent dug too deeply into remapping it yet. TeLLy and Rainer are streets ahead of me in this respect.

I think once we have a few more weeks under our belts things will become clearer on what can be done and solutions will be found to what looks like it cant at the moment.

I always think "if in doubt, ask Rainer" teehee...

Here is a question for you guys. Since tSP is 50% off on the web site. Does that mean it is 50% off at guitar center as well? If so Im driving to go get a set up asap.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

Call them, my local dealer has it 50% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracas View Post
    Here is a question for you guys. Since tSP is 50% off on the web site. Does that mean it is 50% off at guitar center as well? If so Im driving to go get a set up asap.
    yup all shops that would sell tsp at normal price are all so half price as well
    got mine in store.