Need for a stripped down version to Deckaliced Mapping ; )

Cool Need for a stripped down version to Deckaliced Mapping ; )

Hi Folks,

I am sure I am not the only one out there who's using a few controllers alongside each other. for example I am in the process of getting Midifighter , EKS Otus & Vestax VCM 100 to work together.

Please respond to this thread if you have your own ideas/workround to make different units work.

The Deckaliced A & B Focus mapping works very well on that, however the instant FX settings make conflict in there.

The features on the MF mapping are great , so I would love to keep some of them & just take the FX out that is on the second row of buttons (The three buttons on the right)

The Deck-switch/sampler/Phase sync & Pitch are great & I would not change them.

In principle I am not a huge fan of pre-set one button action when it comes to manipulating fx therefore I prefer to use the FX settings that are to do with my Otus Controller & leave the Cue-points & sample Jugglig to Midifighter.

What exactly are you asking for? Just remove the features you don't want!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I kinda tried removing some of the features regarding FX & ended up having issues with the stuff that I like. (I wanted to get rid of functions that control FX 2 , grouped mode mainly as that is allocated FX 2 Advanced on Boogiepimps mapping & really works.)

This is the flexibility Boogie pimps mapping for Otus offers for example & still leaves room for different FX selections but on the MF mapping if you change the
    FX selection for example from Delay to reverb, this may not work that well.

So I am more for dry-fx open mapping rather than closed up Mf does it all mapping with no flexibility to add extra units.

Sorry if this isn't very helpful but my advice is that if you have specific requirements for your MF, build yourself a custom mapping. Do a little research on here, there are loads of threads on midi mapping, then have a go and see what happens. Worst case scenario: you don't manage it, but you'll learn about midi mapping in the process.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Hey Dude,

That's some very valuable advice. : ) I decided to get my arse onto gear & have started designing my own mapping that suits my purpose best from the ground up. So today I have learned how the modifiers work & have also flashed the MF with new firmware, so it'll benefit from 4 bank mode, that is 48 dedicated buttons.... & I have only used 16 upto now.....

I suppose it's a leap of faith & some patience to learn & go through some tutorials.

Cheers,

M

any time dude