Anyone here play wiht or have the DN SC2000 yet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone here play wiht or have the DN SC2000 yet?

Wondering if I can get an honest hands on review by anyone regarding this product.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

be interested too ...

Tech Mentor

looking at this myself as well, would like to get hands on with one.

Tech Student

I just the SC2000 today its definitely worth the money, which is not expensive considering all it can do. I had some issues getting the .tsi file to work with Traktor Pro, I called NI and Denon and ended up having to update to 1.2.6 before it would work.

Once I got it working, this thing really lives up to all that I read about it. The LED lighting is helpful for differentiating deck A and B and FX units 1 and 2 without having to double check or even look up at my computer. The buttons are rubber and responsive, the extra cue points accessible with the switch button are nice.

The knobs for filter, browsing and FX units are solid, as with every other part of this unit. The pitch fader is 100mm, really solid, and has nice resolution making beatmatching easy. There's also a sync and master button if you prefer to use that feature in Traktor. The job wheel feels really solid and can be adjusted between vinyl (scratching) and bending, but can always pitch bend by using the side of the wheel rather than the top of the wheel.

The unit is really solid in terms of build but is lightweight and a great solution for mobile DJ's who need something small to compliment a system. If you have other more cumbersome gear this can supplant CD players if you have an external sound card and can work off a HD

Overall very satisfied, expect nothing less from Denon.

Tech Mentor

These things are solid, as nolatency has stated. They are a great alternative to an all in one system if you already have an external mixer or midi mixer. Jogs sensitivity can be adjusted to fit your needs. I need to get used to the jog wheel for scratching its very responsive though its a little different feel(Im used to tables). Mixing is a breeze with this controller as it has all the cues, loop and sync buttons right there for easy access.The effects buttons are ace as they have a switch function encoder and led light ring at the base for visual feedback . Over all for the price point it comes in at its a great deal. Denon did good on this one! Just dont know if i need two though?

Great to hear, I was hoping to hear some real user comments. My plan is to buy 2 and TSP and use it with my existing 4 channel mixer. I was thinking I would get the MC6000 instead BUT noticed it was lacking in a few of the bells and whistles of the SC2000, namely the FX color rings and push button knobs. I'm hoping my local guiar center has one in stock I can play with this weekend before making my final decision. Thanks for the feedback guys.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

great to hear!
    how do the buttons feel compared to the X1 ? do they have a clear click like it ?
    is it HID or regular midi ? do you feel like it's more precise than a VCI ?

it would be great if you guys could to a little video!
    thanks guys

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Willis View Post
    is it HID or regular midi ? do you feel like it's more precise than a VCI ?
    This? How's the scratching on them?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Willis View Post
    great to hear!
    how do the buttons feel compared to the X1 ? do they have a clear click like it ?
    Hi Peter,
    The buttons are rubber and offer tactile feedback (click)

is it HID or regular midi ?
    MIDI

do you feel like it's more precise than a VCI ?
    Same or better
    Silvio Zeppieri
    Denon DJ Brand Manager, D&M Professional
    100 Corporate Drive
    Mahwah, New Jersey, 07058 (USA)
    http://www.denondj.com

Quote Originally Posted by nolatency View Post
    Overall very satisfied, expect nothing less from Denon.
    nolatency & Virtual Unknown, thanks for your feedback.
    Silvio Zeppieri
    Denon DJ Brand Manager, D&M Professional
    100 Corporate Drive
    Mahwah, New Jersey, 07058 (USA)
    http://www.denondj.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast