Worst Night Ever? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    well, call him again, you have nothing to lose asking. and now u can be an ass back to him
    It was 13 years ago, so I think I'll chill...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NickGadget View Post
    It was 13 years ago, so I think I'll chill...
    haha, that would also make t crepy

Nick: Helo is this John Promoter?

John: Yes

Nick: WHERE'S MY MONEY>??!?
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

LOL these sound terrible! I would freak out if someone yanked my cables... In fact. I would shut the music down and pack up. It's important to let the promoter/club owner/house-party-thrower to deal with these people.

My friend was doing an AV extravaganza, 3 projectors with live VJ's, two DJ's spinning hip hop on vinyl and Ableton, and the drunken club owner (who apparently was a massive DRUNK and old-school purist (he looked like a punk rock Sting)) started making comments about how you can't use Ableton to DJ in his bar... :O

My friend dropped the faders and yelled "Hey, that's it! Shut this shit down!" and everyone looked at the bar owner. The bartenders frantically consoled and pleaded with the bar owner to cut it out and got him away from the DJ's.

Apperantly the club owner had little to do with the night, and was bitter even though it was making him lots of money

aaaand here he is, you can see the Ableton setup in the background hahaha

Last edited by Villinus; 11-02-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Tech Student

Hahaha damn, these replies definitely make me feel better about the whole thing. And I love the baseball bat idea. Someone touches my shit, they get a Louisville to the face, it's so satisfying and simple

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    and ppl ask why I have a taser on hand
    I like the way you think.

::zap:: thank you drunk guido...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Im out
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Tech Mentor

Dude, you need to be WAY more assertive about your equipment. Someone touches your stuff, break their fingers. Or at least make them believe you really will break their fingers if they touch your stuff.
    The cops showing up was probably your hint to leave the party... I would have then, unless there were some amazingly hot girls there.
    I'm a really chill guy, any more chill and I would be dead, but one night a guy almost spilled a beer on my laptop, and I really was going to deck him. I didn't even realize my hand was cocked back ready hit him until after the sigh of relief when he didn't spill his beer. As a DJ, you're a little less likely than a bouncer to get into a fight. Take some BJJ or Judo classes, carry a taser or louisville slugger. I do MMA, always have a knife on me, and there's a little can of pepper spray in my gig bag. Nobody will ever unplug my speaker cables.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    Take some BJJ or Judo classes, carry a taser or louisville slugger. I do MMA, always have a knife on me, and there's a little can of pepper spray in my gig bag. Nobody will ever unplug my speaker cables.
    o_o;

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    Dude, you need to be WAY more assertive about your equipment. Someone touches your stuff, break their fingers. Or at least make them believe you really will break their fingers if they touch your stuff.
    The cops showing up was probably your hint to leave the party... I would have then, unless there were some amazingly hot girls there.
    I'm a really chill guy, any more chill and I would be dead, but one night a guy almost spilled a beer on my laptop, and I really was going to deck him. I didn't even realize my hand was cocked back ready hit him until after the sigh of relief when he didn't spill his beer. As a DJ, you're a little less likely than a bouncer to get into a fight. Take some BJJ or Judo classes, carry a taser or louisville slugger. I do MMA, always have a knife on me, and there's a little can of pepper spray in my gig bag. Nobody will ever unplug my speaker cables.
    '
    Man I completely agree. I've been boxing for 4 years and Im 6"3 210lbs. That often scares them and make them understand I need my space so everyone will be happy. Of course who can say no to a beautiful chic
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast