Worst Night Ever? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Dont lety anybody touch your junk, cept for the drunk hotties
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I have had my share of bad house party gigs. I had a similar situation with the cops and some drunk bimbo yelling at me to turn it up, then turn it down.

For every bad house gig, I have had a really great one. So don't sweat it.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Tech Guru

and ppl ask why I have a taser on hand
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

I always hate to pull the "I'm the DJ" thing when it comes to beverages but sometimes that's what it comes down to. I've bartered to play some pretty awful things, things you can never take back, to get peoples' beers and liquor.

I'm sorry about your terrible gig. I hope you don't have to ever play a party like that again.

ahhh the classic house party guests you cant beat them
    was at a party once had a long track on as i went to get a drink came back to find some dude putting in a a new cd...and it was just 200bpm speedcore metal,safe to say WTF's around the room.and i hate the ipod thing

Here’s the story of my worst gig:

A friend of a friend had a promoter (and I use that term loosely) in a town roughly 125 miles from where I used to live back then. He was organizing a rave and wanted me and a friend to play, and we had only been spinning for like a year so we thought it sounded cool to play outside of Stockholm. “Unfortunately” there would be no presale for the rave, so we would get paid for both the trip to and from this farmers town, and the gig itself, afterwards.

We go by train and arrive at the station where he would pick us up. No one is there. We wait and wait and wait. No one shows up. We call. No one answers. After waiting two hours, a guy in a really small car shows up to pick up the FIVE of us. We also had a Technics 1200 turntable with us that he was supposed to buy.

Anyway, after going to some really shitty restaurant we arrive at the location of the rave around 10 pm and it’s a fucking CABIN by the water which looks like it would fall apart at any second. We go in, hook up the gear and start playing. Our three friends are the only ones on the dance floor. After roughly an hour some drugged out moron shows up and starts threatening us – he’s 6’10”, 300 lbs and super aggressive so we try to play it cool and he leaves after kicking a hole in the door to the “DJ-booth”. During the entire evening there are technical issues: the speakers crack up, the mixer loses a channel, the amp gets over heated etc etc.

A few hours later we have to leave the party in a hurry through the back door because the monster tried to strangle my friend with a telephone cord!

Since we know absolutely no one in this town we just walk around on the streets until the bus station opened and we could go in there to sleep a while until the first bus back to civilization.

Oh, and we never got paid. Not for the trip and not for the gig.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AboveDat! View Post
    \
    was at a party once had a long track on as i went to get a drink came back to find some dude putting in a a new cd
    I hope to god u fought the guy. Touching YOUR shit? Hell you may as well let him touch ur package
    DJEditorHugger

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NickGadget View Post
    Here’s the story of my worst gig:

A friend of a friend had a promoter (and I use that term loosely) in a town roughly 125 miles from where I used to live back then. He was organizing a rave and wanted me and a friend to play, and we had only been spinning for like a year so we thought it sounded cool to play outside of Stockholm. “Unfortunately” there would be no presale for the rave, so we would get paid for both the trip to and from this farmers town, and the gig itself, afterwards.

We go by train and arrive at the station where he would pick us up. No one is there. We wait and wait and wait. No one shows up. We call. No one answers. After waiting two hours, a guy in a really small car shows up to pick up the FIVE of us. We also had a Technics 1200 turntable with us that he was supposed to buy.

Anyway, after going to some really shitty restaurant we arrive at the location of the rave around 10 pm and it’s a fucking CABIN by the water which looks like it would fall apart at any second. We go in, hook up the gear and start playing. Our three friends are the only ones on the dance floor. After roughly an hour some drugged out moron shows up and starts threatening us – he’s 6’10”, 300 lbs and super aggressive so we try to play it cool and he leaves after kicking a hole in the door to the “DJ-booth”. During the entire evening there are technical issues: the speakers crack up, the mixer loses a channel, the amp gets over heated etc etc.

A few hours later we have to leave the party in a hurry through the back door because the monster tried to strangle my friend with a telephone cord!

Since we know absolutely no one in this town we just walk around on the streets until the bus station opened and we could go in there to sleep a while until the first bus back to civilization.

Oh, and we never got paid. Not for the trip and not for the gig.

ouch thats rough. Sorry to hear man. What did the promoter say about ur payment that never came if you do not mind me asking?
    DJEditorHugger

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    ouch thats rough. Sorry to hear man. What did the promoter say about ur payment that never came if you do not mind me asking?
    The guy went into hiding after that party, claiming the cops were after him because of something drugrelated. What a character.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NickGadget View Post
    The guy went into hiding after that party, claiming the cops were after him because of something drugrelated. What a character.
    well, call him again, you have nothing to lose asking. and now u can be an ass back to him
    DJEditorHugger

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast