TSP Playing track backwards? (Im such a n00b!)

Default TSP Playing track backwards? (Im such a n00b!)

I had a huge halloween bash last nite at the little cave, which is my sunday night residency.

I had two guest djs opening for me, and I was going to play from 12 to 2 am. Both djs were playing on regular cds. So when I jump on at midnite Deck A was playing backwards, I put a regular cd and it played fine. All the RCA were right, multicore cable...etc.

I ened up playing on Deck A internally, I scrambled to dig out my Kontrol X1 and used Deck B on DVS.

Moral of the story....make sure to recalibrate your decks after the other djs finish playing on regular CDs.

edit

quick search this morning on google, sent me to the NI board that said check the RCA's...and 1 post said to recalibrate the decks. I was so pissed I told my friend, F@ck this im switch to serato 100%!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

You're gonna have to calibrate your decks on Serato too ya know But you're right, Serato doesn't do that annoying playing-backwards-behavior that Traktor does when the calibration is off.

Yeah i know that serato has the feat in the setup, but the track playing backwards!? I felt like a tard!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Its a must that you recal after every change from regular CD or Audio Through with Vinyl and go back to timecode as the calibration is broken when the initial change is made.

I never fathomed out why it goes backwards though. Its the opposite of whats meant to happen...
    Saying that though if you lose a channel Traktor will play on in Emergency Mode. Not sure Serato plays on...

DVS eh

emergency mode?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah if you lose a channel while playing most DVS will stop as both channels are needed for calibration.
    If Traktor loses a channel it will switch to Emergency Mode and play on until you fix the channel and recalibrate. You will go into Internal Mode and you cant manipulate with timecode till you have fixed it.

Could be caused by a cable popping out or dust on the needle etc.