mixer filter mapping options?
    Tech Guru

Default mixer filter mapping options?

Asked this in another thread that was about sumink else so dont think it will get answered unless I post it again;

Can anyone tell me how I map the filter on the deck mixer so that it doesn't drop below 0%. Basically what I want is for my knob to be at it's furthest left position and when I raise it the filter goes from 0 to +100%. I don't want to have to return the knob back to the central position in order for the filter not to drop below 0%. All I'm after is a high pass filter. Is this possible?

Thanks

Tech Guru

Default beat juggling with vinyl. aligning the records?

Tech Mentor

I was trying to do this and I don't think it's possible with the mapping potential of Traktor alone. I think the Oxygen V8 mapping has the mixer's filter mapped to two separate knobs, one for the high pass half and one for the low pass half but I'm pretty sure there's some middle man involved.

I think the way to do it is to get the controller to send midi messages from 64 to 127 rather from 0 to 127. This means at the "zero" position on the controller, it will send the equivalent MIDI message of being in the "half" position. If you look around the net you might be able to find some program which can do that to the MIDI signal for you.
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

Tech Mentor

You could use an advanced effects slot and have the high pass mapped to the knob in question

As Bkag says, the simplest way to do what you want you'll have to use one effect unit with the Filter as an advanced FX.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bkag View Post
    You could use an advanced effects slot and have the high pass mapped to the knob in question
    This is how I had it before, was just wondering. But thanks

Just tried it with my X1.

1. Set the filter knob to Relative in the controller manager.

2. Set rotary sensitivity to 69% (yours might be different, not sure. experiment!).

3. Turn the knob all the way to the left then reset the filter to the centre by double clicking in the GUI.

The knob should now work as a hi pass from the left hand side. You might need to reset it every time you start Traktor (repeat step 3).

Hope this helps!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Just tried it with my X1.

1. Set the filter knob to Relative in the controller manager.

2. Set rotary sensitivity to 69% (yours might be different, not sure. experiment!).

3. Turn the knob all the way to the left then reset the filter to the centre by double clicking in the GUI.

The knob should now work as a hi pass from the left hand side. You might need to reset it every time you start Traktor (repeat step 3).

Hope this helps!
    Clever!
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by fellis View Post
    Clever!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

bit of a necro but I really like this way to create a zero to hi pass knob. I've mapped it onto the bottom of the fx knobs on my x1 on each A and B and the button for filter on and off.

Seem to have lost LED feedback for the button filter on and off, think I did it in NHL mode.. is there a way to keep LED feedback? Sorry if this is simple, only just got the x1 so don't have experience with mapping it / NHL