youtube files for djing - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxledaron View Post
    Andean Music only exists in video clip form, and is only played in video juke box in the bars in Peru or on Youtube.
    So thats the music your talking about DJing with then...???

Im guessing not as those clips wont be in HD etc which is what you stated in the first post.

Im not gonna moralise on you but, if your gonna defend what you do i find its always best to be honest with your replies cus nonsense will just out you and make your argument fail.

If your ripping tunes of YouTube so be it. But just say it dont cover it with talk about Peruvian mountain music.

Jus sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Intellectual property is counter intuitive to the advancement of mankind. I wish all of the copyrights and patents would go away and leave the people to develop on each others ideas. With that said, pay for your songs/software simply because it's the right thing to do. I admit to using some not kosher things in the past, i'm guilty of USB'n on occasion. But really, I pay for things because i want to show my support.
    If you don't have the money there are plenty of free options out there for both software and music. As for videos, i'm sure there are all kinds of videos out there that are in the public domain; but, i'm not sure how good the quality will be.
    If you reaped no benefits for all your hard work and could not make any money off of what you created. People would not make any programs or make any new un-tangeable items due to the fact that there time would be better spent on having a day job, or doing something else with their time.

Why would I sit here and create the best program in the world for some other programmer to simply take my product and tweak it slightly then sell it for more profits (which would be cutting in to my own profits)? When I say tweaking slightly, I mean for example since he did not sit here for a year creating the program he has a fresh brain and instead of being able to update my software later on he comes and does it right off the bat which in turn would make me lose money while he gained it off of doing a fraction of the work that I did.

Str8upDrew must be leaving in a society that is VERY different from ours. Seriously, how can he believe that idea, in today's societies????!!! It's just plain impossible.

Well i'm a Marxist.

And some of the most popular software choices are open source. For instance 4/5 corporate servers run linux. The Send Monitor State fix, i developed for tracktor users is completely free and open. If i designed anything with profitability as my motivation, i'm sure everything i developed would be crap.
    Check out this interesting video on motivation... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Well i'm a Marxist.
    Really..? Then you should know:
    There is a huge difference between a huge organisation that uses the common intellect of the internet to create wealth, and the stealing of someones idea & labour from which they earn their living.

You might be a Marxist but your applying the condition of alienation and communal property to something which is not inherently 'useful to others'

A Marxist should know the difference between ideas and intellect that could serve the greater good and the simple appropriation of another persons work.

My labour is my essence. This THE fundamental tenant of Marxism.
    Stealing or harbouring someones creative urge is to alienate them from their own essence. The only natural thing is to create. This is the essence of a human being.

Basically stealing music from a massive company is not the same as stealing it from an artist and if by stealing from a company you also steal from the artist it is not defendable by simple Marxist rhetoric.

Tech Convert

oh shit this is gettin out of hand

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Let's see If you still think like that when one of your tracks is raped by 80 download links 2 hours after it got released.

Not every dj makes that kind of cash per gig and MAINLY, not all producers perform live. This really makes it hard for producers to focus 100% because they need a day job to live

If you like it, buy it (specially if you are going to spin them for money). If you can't then get a job to afford it, the same way you would do to buy gear.
    = ) Not trying to cause a ruckus, just stating my opinion:

To be honest if my track got ripped by 80 download links I'd be happy...That would mean my track is awesome and I was going to rise and get some decent DJ gigs.

I have put out a few records in the vinyl days: http://www.discogs.com/search?q=Mode...Saber&type=all

That said the record I linked sold about 6000-7000 units and all I got was a 800$ advance from the record label. They pretty much stole all my residuals. It seemed like the common place at the time and I accepted it and moved on. This record got played on Danny Ramplings "Love Groove" radio show as part of his top 10 for a month. David Morales also played it on his radio show for 2 months. I got some great gigs from this and I ended up making a bunch of money back. Moral is that word of mouth is what will get you paid on the dance floor. So if 30000 people "steal" my song I know that I will be compensated with some sick DJ gigs.

During the WMC I heard an interview with DJ Chuckie and Afrojack. They said they got their start doing bootlegs which were passed around the internet. Paul Van Dyke sat in and said the best way to become big these days is to remix some tracks and pass it around. There are 1 Buzzilion guys making forms of house music. You need to do something to set yourself apart.

The days of selling a ton of records are over for most producers but they can make a killer living flying around the world DJing. Maybe I'm wrong, I've spent probably 20,000 - 30,000 bucks in vinyl in my time (as I'm sure a lot of you guys have) plus an armload online. For the most part, I have worked on tracks and also had a regular job. You need to be honest about what you are willing to do to make it in music. For me a regular job and a dope residency at a nice club will do.

I have a track that I just finished and if my partner agrees I am going to upload for all you pirates out there. My thing is as long is your name is out there you have a shot. If you sell 500 copies on beatport I am not sure.
    Last edited by bigbeatzz; 11-04-2010 at 06:48 PM.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zoetrope View Post
    oh shit this is gettin out of hand
    This getting awesome!!!! =) All in good fun, there is nothing wrong with honest opinions.
    Last edited by bigbeatzz; 11-04-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

anyone else tired of this debate and all the finger pointing from our high horses?

If you buy purchase all your tunes....then thats fantastic

If you pirate all your tunes.....then thats also fantastic

the music will not go anywhere

enjoy arguing folks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast