Starting from scratch
    Tech Convert

Default Starting from scratch

So after DJing a rather successful house party, getting paid, and dealing with minimal annoying requests, I packed up to go to my buddy's to medicate and chill out. I set my laptop bag (macbook pro), external disk, VCI-100, Audio 4, and a few other things inside my friends bedroom door, walked out to say "hi" and 5 minutes later it was straight gone.

I nearly shat my self.

Lesson learned.

Thankfully, all my friends are really supportive want and are helping me organize a benefit party to get some of that back.

The question is what to go for? The only equipment I have left if a Numark 3 channel mixer, my recently purchased Technic 1200 MKII's (which were thankfully in my friends SUV)

I've been playing a lot of clubs, some raves, and lots of house parties and have realized it is really hard to find room for a controller up there. I'm still a newby on turntables, but I'm thinking a DVS system might be more practical and can fit easier into the standard club setup. However, my style of playing is that of a controllerist for sure, live mashup, remixing, button mashhing, beatjuggling, etc. and that is what I am known for. What do some of you more experienced DJ's think?

I'd love to rock the S4, but I'm not sure how it would fit into the DJ booth yet. I was lucky to fit the VCI-100 in there.

Another route I'm thinking about
    Technic 1200's
    Buying an Audio 8 and Kontrol X1 or now and possibly a used VCI-100SE or Maschine in the future

first off all that sucks ass sorry to hear that dude

and yeah go for dvs traktor scratch pro is half price right now
    you get the timecode records and cds cables audio 8 soundcard software etc...
    so its a good time to pick it up

erugh gut wrenching. Also agree with the man AboveDis post

That is just awful. This happened at your friend's house? So your gear was stolen by a friend of your friend? Straight-up douchebag. Sorry to hear about that man.

No bueno dude sorry to hear that. Scratch pro I'd the way to go and sounds like itd fit ur needs pretty well.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Tech Student

Man, sorry to hear that.
    Also some c*nt will probably buy that gear for real cheap. I hope karma gets them and f*cks them up the ass!!!
    Yeah I agree TSP is gonna be a good option, especially now being so cheap.
    If controllerism is your style but space an issue, yeah look at 2nd hand VCI controller or midi fighter if button mashing is your style.
    I am using an MPD24 for cue point juggling, they're pretty cheap or even a cheaper model MPD16 ect. Pretty small too

Good luck getting set up again, and may those c*nts get syphilis and their dicks drop off

I would def go the Traktor Scratch Pro route. With this you will never have a problem in the booth, and as the others already mentioned NI is having an awesome promotion until 31st of Dec. The full TSP is only $335 but you can get it for $299.

Another option like what you mentioned is TSP plus the X1. NI is having combo promotion for only $564, but I'm sure you can get it for less on Ebay.

Traktor Scratch Pro + X1 all the way mate.

Check it out below...

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...raktor-50-off/
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

FUCK!

My worst nightmare!

I don;t let my bag leave my sight when at a gig.

Sorry to hear about that bro!

I hope you mates help sort you out.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

whoa... I can't believe that happened. If that happened to me I'd probably cry.

If I were starting again from scratch I'd probably get an S4, it's not going to be long before there's space available in DJ booths. However, TSP is on a really good offer atm so if you want a DVS, that's definitely the one to go for.

Good luck!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES