Come Dump On My Site

Default Come Dump On My Site

Hey dudes, I have a little question for you guys that I would seriously like a little help on.
    You probably don't know me,(or give a rats ass) what I do, but I started Audio Pro Tech a little while ago, and it's been doing "OK" I won't be quiting my day job anytime soon for it .
    I hired a couple of people to handle most of the boring leg work and I'm at a stage where I can start thinking about tweaking the site's focus.

LONG STORY SHORT, check out Audio Pro Tech and as a DJ or music producer I would really appreciate your honest opinion on what you think about the site.

What would you change?
    What would you Keep
    What would you completely dump
    Are the reviews informative enough for you?
    Does it work for you?
    Does it load too slow (I have stupidly fast Broadband, so I'd really like to know this)
    Where do you think I need to focus on
    Just prowl the pages, the blogs and give me an honest assessment on the overall site.

You officially have the permission to dumb on my side.

http://www.audioprotech.net/

Tech Mentor

Pioneer CDJ 400 ReviewPro DJ is linked to the VCI-100 one and also contains the same picture.

Tech Mentor

Looks good, wasn't sure at the start if I would be able to buy the products through the site but soon realised it was mainly for reviews and links to sites that does sell the stuff.

Maybe a bit more range? I guess it's only early days. One thought was the menu navigation, maybe the vertical height could be less? Leaves more screen real estate for people with smaller monitors. Also it kind of leaves a bit of white space around ads making it easier to differentiate important stuff. Just looking at Sweetwater.com has some big ads but its easy to get your eye around them. Kill the beta logo too! I don't think you need it.

I like the idea, I can't say I did much to show for between getting stupidly drunk and not attending lecturers!

Another idea to promote the site is to do youtube videos or something? When I want to get something I usually research the hell out of it and it is definitely more convincing and inspiring to watch a good youtube review video than to scan through 50 forum pages.

A good identity (logo) may make or break your site/image. I won't go into the typeface for the logo as you didn't ask for a graphic design critique. But having just completed a 4 year graphic design degree, I can give you some advice on the sort of look you might want to go for.

Tech Mentor

Apologies for such a big rant, about the youtube videos...you only need to check out some of the 'Expert Village' ones to know how bad some of them can be.

Quote Originally Posted by emp View Post
    Pioneer CDJ 400 ReviewPro DJ is linked to the VCI-100 one and also contains the same picture.
    Thanks dude...sorted
    Quote Originally Posted by laurens View Post
    Maybe a bit more range? I guess it's only early days. One thought was the menu navigation, maybe the vertical height could be less? Leaves more screen real estate for people with smaller monitors. Also it kind of leaves a bit of white space around ads making it easier to differentiate important stuff. Just looking at Sweetwater.com has some big ads but its easy to get your eye around them. Kill the beta logo too! I don't think you need it.
    ok...is the page too busy. Like when you get there, there's all this crap and you don't have anything to focus on?
    I like the idea, I can't say I did much to show for between getting stupidly drunk and not attending lecturers!
    Only losers learn in college...

Another idea to promote the site is to do youtube videos or something? When I want to get something I usually research the hell out of it and it is definitely more convincing and inspiring to watch a good youtube review video than to scan through 50 forum pages.
    Absolutely agree with you dude. That's definetly something I'll be working to on.
    A good identity (logo) may make or break your site/image. I won't go into the typeface for the logo as you didn't ask for a graphic design critique. But having just completed a 4 year graphic design degree, I can give you some advice on the sort of look you might want to go for.
    Dude any constructive opinion, I will take.
    I would welcome a graphic design critique, I threw it together with AAA Logo, so If you have any suggestions, or bettr options I would really appreciate it.

Tech Guru

Page 2 busy like said.

NEW LOGO. Like already said.

Youtube review idea which you link on your site would be the business. Shows that you really have tested the product properly! Will also get WAY more traffic to your site.

Soz for not saying much new but those are the main points. I will give a better review later, but right now I'm fuckt... only 2 hours sleep.

Tech Mentor

Sorry I haven;t had any input lately, just been quite busy. I will look up some nice designs for a logo that I think are good and maybe you can replicate them to some degree.

If you want to get a logo designed, you could try this designer-crowd-sourcing site called 99designs. I'm a designer myself, but I'm usually really busy so I've started recommending my friends to 99designs (no I'm not affiliated with them in any way) when I dont have the time to help them out.

http://www.99designs.com/

A friend of mine used their service last week to get a logo done for his blog and he was really impressed, got heaps of responses/designs. He was fairly active at giving continuous feedback to the designers that submitted stuff to him, which meant he had a team of people continually improving their individual designs, all competing for his money.

I think the site charges like a flat fee of 30 or 40 bucks or something, then you determine how much you would pay on top of that to the successful designer. So the more you offer obviously the more people will compete for your money and the harder they will try.

ok thanks man....