Traktor S4 Questions
    Tech Student

Default Traktor S4 Questions

Hi All,

Ive just received my Traktor S4 and I have a couple of questionst that hopefully are pretty simple to answer !

1 ) Software - Sometimes when I load in a track, the automatic Cue function does not start where I want it to, EG slightly before the first Kick or intro sound, if I use the job wheel then button it does not always put the marker in the place I want, how do I manually ensure that the start point of the track is where I want to be ?

2 ) Music Management - I have 2 Macs, my mac pro for production & macbook pro for Music/Work Etc, I have a master collection configured on my macpro ( 160GB ) which I sync with over my home network using itunes.

For my music singles for DJing etc, what is the best way to manage my music, keep it organised in Itunes or manage it through Traktor, the main issue is I want to put cue points/loop points etc on my tracks but don't want to have multiple copies of my tunes on my mac. When I import tracks into traktor does it put the music in a specific tratkor music archive folder ?

3 ) Acapellas - I tried out the looping function last night with acapellas, can someone advise the process for ensuring the acapella is in time, as the sync button tends not to work, I assume you use a metronome, adjust manually then set loop points ?

Help is greatly appreciated

Andrew

Only my point of view here

1/ actually there's a slight curious thing with the software, it happened several times that the cue instead of putting itself where I wanted it to be, jumps by one beat (beatgrids are ok, no issue here). That is a strange behaviour and probably an unwanted one, a bug. I've read somebody who had the same issue on NI's forum, I need to check that, especially as there were some changes on the master clock, so may be I'm fully wrong and need a better understanding on the new clock features.
    I cant' tell if that's the same issue you have so in case you may check if you have snap mode engaged or not that may also explain why a cue point doesn't set where you want it to be.

2/ personally speaking I really prefer to use Itunes, it's more relevant to me, doesn't oblige me to manage several libraries (for Traktor, my ipods, etc...) and I find it way more user friendly than traktor.

3/ considering acapellas, good hearing is the only solution in the end yes.
    Last edited by Yul; 11-04-2010 at 05:44 AM.

You need to find some good beatgridding tutorials.

[youtube]pAW8X9RSt7A[/youtube]

[youtube]vWaxqUBlM48[/youtube]

acapellas...

[youtube]tmgIP3wo7t4[/youtube]
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Traktor doesn't create a duplicate of the file. It just points to where the file is on your hard drive.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x