mixing drum and bass advice please - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    I agree with all the comments about EQing here. Bass does tend to get muddy if you dont pretty much kill it outright. I tend to dampen the highs of the incoming track a bit too.

Also, use loops on those breakdowns. They can save your ass on a long blend or buildup to the next drop when your too busy eqing, etc. I tend to store it in a hotcue so i know exactly where it is.

The freeze delay effect can be used to fade out of a song pretty nicely too, especially if you catch it on some vocals.

As for the crossfader . . . . never use it.
    I think the crossfader is a personal preference. With it you can have a high degree of control over abrupt things like beatcutting (see LTJ Bukem, Dara) Personally I have always used it and the eq to mix, but I've seen other people use the volume faders to mix drum and bass as well.

I'm a volume fader guy, rarely touch the crossfader when mixing dnb.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12