VCI-100 VS M Audio torq controller

Default VCI-100 VS M Audio torq controller

Hey ther looking at getting myself one of these controllers ..just wondering which one would be better?
    Lenny

I guess it really depends on what you want to use it for. I myself have the vci100 and I love it, I had the xponent for a few days but I quickly took it back just because it feels like a cheap plastic toy that will fall apart or break any second.

the vci is solid and sexy and it just feels better to play with overall.

this link will tell you everything you need to know though.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2007/11/2...nt-vs-vci-100/

Yeah i think Vestax was reading the market well when it put out the VCI-100 when it comes to its build quality, its one tough unit !

Tech Mentor

I have to agree with these comments, I also dont like the multi color scheme. They made it seem less professional and it seems like you have a light show going on.
    Thank Ya!!!

what about in terms of usability and performance ? how about the software which one has better?
    just looking for something that i dj some parties with !!

Tech Guru

I am selling my VCI-100 but not because of build quality. The unit is very solid compared to the M-Audio unit. I tested the M-Audio unit at guitar center and it felt cheap.

To play devil's advocate... I tested the VCI and the Xponent on the same day (admittedly probably not for long enough), and I preferred the Xponent. The jog wheels are bigger and more like flywheels which I like. It has way way more buttons, a good built in sound card, and the X-Y pad for effects is really sweet. I like the torq software too. It apparently has some bugs right now but 1.5 is supposed to fix most of that, and there are now decent .TKS for traktor and the newest build of Deckadance fully supports every feature of it.

The VCI was certainly better built, but that isn't important to me since I only occasionally play out so it doesn't need to be built like a tank. Just treat the Xponent with respect and you'll be fine. I would say most people on this forum who use a VCI also use a plastic laptop and they don't really complain about them being really fragile or flimsy. I also hate the buttons on the VCI, they have a terrible clicky tactility which just really turned me off. The pitch faders on the Xponent are also probably more then twice as long as the ones on the VCI.

As for looks, I could give a shit less how it looks. I'm more interested in what it is capable of, and in my eyes, The Xponent is more versatile then the VCI.

Yeah, but you're not banging away on your laptop like you do your mixer, especially if you like to cue juggle or flippin doubles.

If you do want a rock solid piece, go for the VCI-100. You can always cheaply add expandability by pairing it up with an Oxygen 8 and a foot pedal. Add in an extra page or two of MIDI commands, and you'll be set. I'm still looking for functions to map to the empty keys and knobs I still have.