Any DJTT S4's already arrive?
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Any DJTT S4's already arrive?

Folks who supported the home team.......I got mine on the way and am wondering if the DJTT ones started hitting some front doors yet. How was the video?

Also I saw on the NI forum a few guys that had issues with the jogs. Wondering if this is "batch" specific and if we'll see any sent from DJTT with hardware issues.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Folks who supported the home team.......I got mine on the way and am wondering if the DJTT ones started hitting some front doors yet. How was the video?

Also I saw on the NI forum a few guys that had issues with the jogs. Wondering if this is "batch" specific and if we'll see any sent from DJTT with hardware issues.
    Mine is supposed to be here next Monday.... will keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post

What jog wheel problem? Cause my right jog wheel activates scratch mode when its supposed to (when I press down on it) but to get the music to start playing again (or de activate scratch mode) I have to put pressure on the bottom left of the left jog wheel when I release it most of the time for the music to start playing again.

By no mean does it really bug me, especially once I figured out how to work around it - i'm just curious if that is what you were referring to. Sorry if it's a little vague.

If thats what you were talking about then I do have the same problem, but I bought mine from Guitar Center.
    Last edited by Coldfuzion; 11-05-2010 at 04:52 AM.

Tech Guru

Cold,

Have you installed the 1.0.1 update and recalibrated? I think that will solve that issue from what I've read.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=121643

That's not what I was referring to though. Some guys have had some issues where the actual jog was loose and un-usable. Not sure where those guys ordered theres from but am thinking there is probably a pretty big group of guys that bought thiers from DJTT and with a the few known issues out - i'd hate for people to come down on DJTT for an issue with the S4. So I'm wondering if any DJTT ones have shown up yet and if there have been any issues and solutions so the guys who get them here can share info ahead of time.

I recommend you check out the NI forum. There are some solutions posted for the jogs.

I ordered mine from the NI webshop and I was one of the first to post an issue about the jogwheels on the NI forum last friday.

My problem was that the signal coming from my left jogwheel was very unstable. When pressed the signal would go away or stay without pressing. Also when you pitchbend and you look at the pitchfader on the screen, it goes up when you turn backwards and down when you go forwards, which is normal. In my case it would jump all over the place and just act weird.

Eventually I took the top-plate from the jogwheel off by holding the outer ring, press hard on the top-plate and turning it counter clockwise. I repositioned it again and clicked it back into place. After recalibrating the problem was solved. I just guess that some people's controllers were handled a bit roughly during transportation or something, because I can't imagine these controllers going out of a factory like that.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Im gonna put an Official post about potential Jog Wheel issues on the NI forum.

This Left Jog Wheel issue was flagged up at Beta stage and is easily fixed by removing and reattaching the jog wheel.

For now anyone having this issue should do this:

Hold the outer rim of the Jog Wheel firmly and depress the top plate and turn counter clockwise to make the clips on the plate attach properly to the jog wheel. You should feel it click into place.

You MUST recalibrate your jog wheels after this.

If this doesnt firmly attach the Jog. You should repeat the procedure but turn the plate clockwise to remove the plate completely and then reattach it as releasing it sometimes helps with making it attach again.

RECALIBRATE. I cannot stress this enough.

Tech Guru

^ and also install 1.0.1

Ok thanks Karlos --- I hope this thread didn't seem like I was knocking the S4 or spreading bad news about it.

On the contrary. I'd like to hear some positive feed back from DJTT customers and also about the DVD.

Please refer to the NI forum for Jog wheel assistance. This is NOT the "how-to" fix your jogwheel thread.

Thanks.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah mate its cool. The more people can read the solution quickly the less we will have guys running around like headless chickens when they have the issue.

My left jog wheel was faulty when i got my S4 and none of this had been reported so you can imagine how i felt on unboxing the S4, i was nearly in tears.

A simple press and twist was all it took to fix.

Im trying to get to the bottom of the cause right now.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Im trying to get to the bottom of the cause right now.
    Assembly line issues?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    ...you can imagine how i felt on unboxing the S4, i was nearly in tears.

A simple press and twist was all it took to fix.

I have to say, I am extremely dissapointed by all of this.

Karlos, as somewhat of an expert on Traktor as well as controller hardware, you must not have been quite as panic'd as most people encountering problems. Do you not agree that considering the biggest selling point of this unit is plug-and-play and build quality as a close second (as well as all the other new features being a close second), that the S4 is becoming a boarderline fail? I'm saying this from the standpoint of a user who doesn't like to loose hair over problemshooting, and disslikes tweaking hardware. When I bought CDJ's, they didn't require any recalibration. They didn't require that I pull off the jog and snap () anything back in. This kind of freaks me out to be honest.

Back on topic: I fully support DJTT's, and that's why I try and buy my equipment from them even though it costs me more with shipping and takes much longer to get to my door (I have learned over several purchases). But the fact is, DJTT does cost more and/or it takes much longer to arrive. Simply put, you need to up the competitive anti because little things like this are going to sway your customers away. Maybe be champions of fast shipping? I know it's an extra cost, but one that will make customers happy, and keep customers from potentially leaving.

-PL>Y

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast