NI S4 or A&H 4D?
    Tech Mentor

Default NI S4 or A&H 4D?

I would like to hear your opinions given the fact I already own tsp. Will the 4d be able to control sample banks effectively? I plan on using them in clubs and for mobile djing purposes.
    Thank you in advance.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

based on cost, and the fact that either way you'll be tethered to a laptop, I'd go with the S4. HID FTW!!

With the money you save, you can get a nice steak dinner

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Well we don't know when the sample decks will be brought to TSP so if want them now you'll have to go S4.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Lets say we have the new software with sample decks and ignore the price is the 4d better?
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

Tech Mentor

4D: More flexible mapping with any application, analog mixer, filters, smaller footprint than the s4, tspro certified already, 10 in, 10 out soundcard.
    S4: better jogwheels, tight integration with traktor, already labelled and custom for traktor, less weight than the xone.
    For me 4d is no brainer, you get top notch mixer with and endless options for ins and outs, sounds better. In the otherhand if you are going to mix internally and only use traktor, then the S4 is the no brainer.
    In response at your specific question which one is better, IMO 4D

Quote Originally Posted by tito View Post
    4D: More flexible mapping with any application, analog mixer, filters, smaller footprint than the s4, tspro certified already, 10 in, 10 out soundcard.
    S4: better jogwheels, tight integration with traktor, already labelled and custom for traktor, less weight than the xone.
    For me 4d is no brainer, you get top notch mixer with and endless options for ins and outs, sounds better. In the otherhand if you are going to mix internally and only use traktor, then the S4 is the no brainer.
    In response at your specific question which one is better, IMO 4D
    You pretty much nailed it. I'm gonna have to say +1.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer