VCI-100 firmware with MacBook?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 firmware with MacBook?

Hi,

Although I've been reading the forums for a while now, I haven't come across anyone mentioning the firmware update in OSX. If I'm not mistaken to be able to upgrade the firmware from 1.1 to 1.3, you have to download the software (which is an .exe file that is not compatible with OSX) after purchasing DJTT kit. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Sorry, but you have to do the upgrade on a pc. Im sure you have a friend or family member with a pc.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Convert

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Hmmm.... how about the Traktor Pro side of things? Ean's article on it mentions something like :

".....With Traktor Pro, Native instruments has included many of our custom features including direct FX selection and dual filters into their software directly. This allowed me to duplicate and even improve on all of the functions that we created for Traktor 3 but with one major difference. The new mapping will work with every single VCI-100 out there including firmware versions 1.2 and 1.3! That means if you own ANY VCI-100, you can download the TSI file and try out our performance concepts of our VCI-100SE layout for free."

Reckon that "every single VCI out there (although it only mentions fw 1.2 and 1.3)" would also inc. fm 1.1? Sorry, it's just that after years with glitches, Im so thru with MIDI mappings and all that mambo-jumbo with Traktor and about to go Serato but wish to give NI one last chance with Traktor Pro...

Thanks again for your input.

V1.1 has some issues with the jogs and some LED lighting messages, if you have that version you are best of upgrading to v1.2 or v1.3

I also have a macbook and just received my firmware upgrade kit. So I can do the upgrade on a PC and then it will work fine with my mac??

as far as i understood it, the firmware upgrade changes the controls which are send from the vci to traktor on your mac/laptop, so i doent matter if your running on osx or win. .

Quote Originally Posted by dero2 View Post
    I also have a macbook and just received my firmware upgrade kit. So I can do the upgrade on a PC and then it will work fine with my mac??
    Yes, you can do the update on pc or you can try bootcamp. But I have heard alot of problems with usb to serial. Best bet is just to do it on a pc with a serial port and call it a day.

Thank you for the fast reply. My roommate has a PC I will just upgrade on his computer.

Sweet Dero, the upgrade is a simple process, I've flashed several vci's already.

I ran into a few small problems. Turns out my roommate's computer doesn't have a serial port but it has a dvi port. He has a serial to vdvi adapter will this work? Also I'm confused on step 8 where you unplug the harness temporarily. When do you need to plug it back in? Also the firmware update chip doesn't seem like it fits all the way in when the harness you disconnect in step 8 is attached. Is this normal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast