How do I record my mix sesh in S4 software?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do I record my mix sesh in S4 software?

I can't arm the record button in the S4 gui which I think is odd. Is there a thing in particular which must be enabled for me to do this?

Man I'm GOING INSANE on all four decks at the same time. I need to record this shizz. Allz I needz now is an X1 and a better foot pedal.

If it's the same as TPro then click on the cassette icon on the right FX deck and record from in there.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    If it's the same as TPro then click on the cassette icon on the right FX deck and record from in there.
    Yeaaa buddy

Extremely off topic, i'm apologizing in advance. I have a quick question. I just started DJ'ing on Monday and a friend of mine has been doing it for a year or so but has no hardware. He uses Virtual DJ. I went over to his place with my S4 and we were messing around and having a good time, but when I used the sync option on Virtual DJ it worked like ... I want to say flawlessly. Whenever I use it on the S4, I have to adjust the tempo or whatever. I'm just curious if I am doing it wrong, or if Virtual DJ just does that better.

I hope i'm making sense, as I just got home and am slightly intoxicated.

I have a mate who uses VDJ and it does seem to be better at gridding tracks from the off... not sure why.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Extremely off topic, i'm apologizing in advance. I have a quick question. I just started DJ'ing on Monday and a friend of mine has been doing it for a year or so but has no hardware. He uses Virtual DJ. I went over to his place with my S4 and we were messing around and having a good time, but when I used the sync option on Virtual DJ it worked like ... I want to say flawlessly. Whenever I use it on the S4, I have to adjust the tempo or whatever. I'm just curious if I am doing it wrong, or if Virtual DJ just does that better.

I hope i'm making sense, as I just got home and am slightly intoxicated.
    You need to do a little bit of prep work with Traktor. Read the beatgrid help in the manual and on www.traktorbible.com.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yep, you need to grid your tracks. It's a little work, but in the end it's well worth it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I was just wondering why VDJ was so much better at autogridding.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Thanks guys! I'm going to go over the guide in a few minutes and keep practicing till I get it down. However, like Fullenglishpint i'm still curious as to why VDJ has an easier autogridding feature than Traktor. Is there any specific reason Traktor did not incorporate that? Jus curious .

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I was just wondering why VDJ was so much better at autogridding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast