First gig! And its gonna be big!
    Tech Mentor

Default First gig! And its gonna be big!

Oke, ice been mixing for no langer than 5 months, lots of practicing and playing at friends partys! I love it!

The local radio station, since a month i make a monthly 'house mix on the house', wants me to play at their benefit concert! So it will be purely for people to know my name.

I have a few questions: how do i connect mysoundcard to a mixer? RCA or jackplug?

I think I will prepare my songs before playing. I dont think i have to play longer than a hour. Details will reach me soon .

Any tips/tricks? (i do have iPod as backup!)

Tech Mentor

I looked at your soundcloud, and your mixing and song selection is solid.
    Playing for people is different, you need to be able to react to what the crowd is doing. If the super-hot drunk girls want you to spin hip-hop what will you do?

Tech Mentor

Thanks! I thought about that, if the hot drunk girls want me to spin hiphop while the rest of the criwd enjoys my house music, i probably go for something like David guetta ft usher -club cant handle me right now. Because it has the house beat, and the hiphop feeling. Get me?

And for the preparing i will probably think out the first few tracks and then addapt to the crowd. Like my house mixes? I go on with the house mixes. Dont like it? I will bring in some RnB or hip-hop!