Temp Change Trick Help
    Tech Wizard

Default Temp Change Trick Help

Hey!

I was hoping one of you guys can help me...

I've just got the S4 and have been trying to recreate some of the stuff I could do on my faithful Hercules Steel (RIP).

I'm driving myself mad trying to get the old tempo change trick to work properly... I'm not sure if it's me having a brainfart or what...

Everything is cool until I stop the outgoing track prior to the tempo ramping up or slowing down to match the incoming track.

What seems to happen is that it jumps straight to the tempo it's trying to get to as opposed to a gradual build up and it sounds terrible, you also get this odd effect like I may have nudged the jog wheel (although that may just be my interpretation but it sounds vaguely like a wobbley/scratch). I've fiddled with the rest of the advanced settings (rate?) but just can't get my head around it.

I can also recreate the effect by instead of stopping the outgoing deck, selecting the incoming as master.... Dunno if that helps!?

Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Tech Wizard

Bump?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What specific effect are you using?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Hey,

Thanks!

I'm using delay in advanced mode with freeze and the rate is at 3/16.

It's real strange, I dug out my other controller w/ traktor pro to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. Works fine.

Should I record the sound it makes? Would that help?

im having this same problem!!! so this is a bug? anyone fix this? i must know!

for anyone who doesnt understand here is me using the master tempo change effect from the 40-50 second mark. T2 does not do this!! it just jumps straight to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC5MJhDZMrI
    Last edited by RahfeeZahkee; 05-06-2011 at 07:59 PM.

It's a bug in TP2
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPanda View Post
    It's a bug in TP2
    and s4 apparently then...

the whole way the master deck is selected was changed. in 1 you could set a stopped deck to master, set sync on the playing one, hit play on new one and tempo change like that, worked best after breakdowns when the drum's been absent for a little while.

can't do that now

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

I asked similar question a while ago and didn't really get a solid response. Not about T2 or the S4 but just how to do that tempo change ramp up or down thing to begin with. Can anyone explain how it's done please?

What I was doing is syncing everything to the master clock then using a dial to pitch shift but the problem with that is everything would snap to where the position of the dial was. I don't really sync everything internally to the master clock. I'd only do it if I was performing this particular function so therefore the position of the dial I would use wouldn't be relevant to where the master clock tempo is at.

Can anyone help me out with a way around this?

Sorry to OP for hijacking your thread

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPanda View Post
    It's a bug in TP2
    Does this mean NI knows about this problem and will fix it in the next update? i really really hope so

@Dodge

what you do is have one track(set to master) playing lets say at 70 bpm, then you start beatmashing it smaller and smaller, then on a another deck thats at 140bpm you then make that one the master, then the effect will automagically incline twice as fast to the new tempo. very simple trick, its supposed to work with all the effects affected by master tempo.

this used to be my signature move......looks like i have to go back to TP until this is fixed...and that will hopefully be soon?