Where To Get New Music... WoOHoO!

Default Where To Get New Music... WoOHoO!

I was going to reply to a thread here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2007 but I figure it probably deserved its own thread...

(Mods, possible to make sticky?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Introduce you to some music??

check this out...

1) Go Here >> Masterbeat

2) Sign up >> Registration Link

3) Browse n' Buy some dope tracks.

4) Repeat and Rinse step #3

The site is VERY similar to beatport, in fact its their direct competition from which I read, the site's pretty good with breaking new artists/remixers. The site has some big names as well as some up and comers.

I find that the site has tons of gems, like remixes and such. Some rare ones. You'll have to dig for these, but there's lots of them. I find it pretty cool cuz it doesnt seem like a popular site (yet) so I would think that not many DJ's know about it. Which would then mean.... YOU as a DJ might be one of the few rockin' out a banger of a tune! (thats just what I think)

oh and another cool thing...if you produce music, the site offers you to sign up and SELL your own tracks to the public. I signed up and am just waiting for the confirmation. In the meantime they've mentioned to gather up all the masters and convert to .wav format. Pretty excited about that... even if no one buys my stuff, it will be exposed to a wider audience.

btw, check out their banner ads, I had a laugh at this

so if you're a beatport customer already.... maybe try checking out masterbeat... it may have tracks or remixes beatport may not have.

Um... This site is just Beatport in blue... jk

I bet they took a long hard look at Beatport when designing this thing.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Brittney Spears? Alanis Morisette?! What the duck! Im gonna browse around a bit, but what I saw did not impress me so far

edit, searched for some artists that I do know, and ummmm they have stuff that the labels themselves do not even offer... is this legit?
    Last edited by nemo; 12-03-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Just adding a small footprint in this topic, this might be interesting.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    ... is this legit?
    pretty sure it is... the company that made the site is called 2ADVANCED.com - a very reputable and award winning web design firm. Their client wanted to be beatport's direct competition and even requested that their site look like beatports... here's that article..

http://blog.jasonrichard.com/2008/05...f-beatportcom/

Quote Originally Posted by EYENSEE View Post
    pretty sure it is... the company that made the site is called 2ADVANCED.com - a very reputable and award winning web design firm. Their client wanted to be beatport's direct competition and even requested that their site look like beatports... here's that article..

http://blog.jasonrichard.com/2008/05...f-beatportcom/
    They must have gotten some labels some really nice funding for releasing tracks that the labels themselves do not offer on any other site digitally. I guess maybe GOOGLE is behind this?! lolz

Tech Mentor

wow website looks and works great. It is like beatport but slightly better
    Thank Ya!!!