With the discontiunation of technics...

Default With the discontiunation of technics...

Anyone actually own or used their cdj style DVS? Just was wondering

yeah, but it sucks. But it'll be a while before the trusty old 1210s disappear though, they last a lifetime...

Yes I use my CDJ-800s with TSP. Its my primary rig for clubs that I have to provide systems for, along with a DJM-700. 1200's are great, but now in days you usually see them used with Serato instead of regular vinyl. I opted for CDJs being that I get guest djs and CDJs is the most flexable format for djs.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

i use cdjs with dvs. what sucks? Its the difference between using straight up technics or cdjs? Both brilliant!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

all right, I take it back. The CDJs I was using were shitty, not the whole idea of using traktor with CDJs I guess. Only problem is, I used a few years of my life to get really good at scratching, no what do I do?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I use Serato with 1000 MK3's often as many clubs dont have turntables installed anymore.

It just feels like using a large midi controller really...
    Kinda like having an auto sync button which takes a few seconds to push..

Relative mode sucks though that is the biggest issue for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Lysgaard View Post
    all right, I take it back. The CDJs I was using were shitty, not the whole idea of using traktor with CDJs I guess. Only problem is, I used a few years of my life to get really good at scratching, no what do I do?
    I'm not scratcher but i can do it a little and i think both pioneer cdjs and technics have a good feel for scratching. I dont really have to change my technic to use either.

I have not however used any other brands of turntable or cdj so i cant comment on them.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution