Beginner, please don't hate. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by b3nz0n8 View Post
    I hate a Drug Dealer Because that's what I am
    At least we are open about these things

Also what about a Numark DJ I/O USB DJ Audio Interface (DJIO)?

The next logical steps are software and speakers so any recommendations on those?
    Last edited by GiGo; 11-09-2010 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGo View Post
    At least we are open about these things
    @ GiGo...your turn: http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19969

...the BORG compels you. They are harvesting Birthdays...you know, so they can give you presents or something.
    Last edited by b3nz0n8; 11-09-2010 at 02:27 AM.

Default VCI-100 & the Buy Sell Forum @ DJTT

I notice everyone here really likes the VCI-100 so maybe this is a good idea?
    There is a lot of love for the VCI-100 and you might even find a previously well loved VCI-100, in great shape and with plenty of upgrades, in the Buy & Sell Forum at this LINK. The S4 upgrade frenzy is in full effect. If you aren't committing to an S4 purchase, the VCI-100 is solid.

Sorry to hijack the thread earlier, I ran through Tekki's, JesC, Photojojo's and Karlos Santos distortion field. They seem to be everywhere at once. Tabbed browser madness.

Last edited by b3nz0n8; 11-09-2010 at 02:40 AM.

Default VCI-100 & the Buy Sell Forum @ DJTT

edit: dbl post...distortion field...whatever.
    Last edited by b3nz0n8; 11-09-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by b3nz0n8 View Post
    I smoked weed with a clown because I'm sexy?

But seriously, I have found a VCI 100 going on eBay really cheap. Something is making me feel like posting an exact link is going to decrease my odds of winning the bid, regardless its 8 months old and going for cheap, with only 'cosmetic damages' (if you manage to find it anyway please don't bid against me!) I think I will give it ago if not I might try out a cheap Numark Mix track. As for harvesting the birthdays I really doubt it. I would rather the rent money haha

If you get a vci, try and get an SE... Ive seen a few on the buy sell forum on here. people going mad for S4 but vci100SE is a powerful tool... especially with arcade buttons
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

OK now you are scaring me what is the difference between the SE (I am assuming MKII is the same thing) and the regular? I am pretty sure I am looking at getting the regular one presently.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    With your budget and options though, if you did want to get something, I'd recommend either the Hercules Steel with Audio 2 DJ or the Numark Mixtrack with Audio 2 DJ. I say with a separate soundcard because it leaves you open to get another controller in the future that could make use of it. Those are the two best "bang for your buck" out of the less expensive options IMO.

This. To start off I'd get something nice enough to keep you playing for a little while to learn and with an external sound card so you can upgrade. The mixtrack is a good cheap option, and also the DJ Tech Reload. Both under 200.00 US dollars. Sound card, the Audio 2 is the best card for 100.00 and you can probably find one used. I used a maya44 that I found used for 60.00 dollars for a while. If you spend too much and end up not really DJing too often it may be waste. There is TONS of stuff you can do with a DJ Tech Reload.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

OK now you are scaring me what is the difference between the SE (I am assuming MKII is the same thing) and the regular? I am pretty sure I am looking at getting the regular one presently.
    No, mkII is different. The VCI-100mk1 came out about 4 years ago and is a really solid piece of gear. Ean Golden and the team at DJTT worked on it to make it the best it could be, with the following upgrades:

1) improved firmware which eliminates a few bugs and increases the performance capabilities
    2) A dedicated DJTT Traktor mapping .tsi file (now version 3.6.4) which works infinitely better than vestax' standard mapping
    3) A hardwearing overlay for the unit which labels all the controls as they are in the mapping.

That's what an SE is, the mk1 with DJTT upgrades. You can make one yourself (as I did) by getting what you need from the DJTT store, or buy one direct from them.

The mkII is new from vestax and only just announced, has a built in soundcard (we don't know about the quality yet) and isn't as ruggedly built as the original. Probably still a very good unit though.

Overall, your best bet at the moment is to find an SE online or a good condition standard mk1 and buy the FW upgrade kit and overlay from the DJTT store. Even better, look for an arcade edition.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast