Think I've made a huge mistake!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert
    Born in Baltimore, but im living in Frostburg Md, for school

Default Think I've made a huge mistake!

So I purchased all of my equipment separately to save a little money, but i think it was a really bad idea. I purchased the stanton final scratch interface, stanton timecode vinyls, and Native Ins. Traktor Scratch Pro. I heard that they dont work together anymore,but ive heard so many different things i really dont know whats going on. Pretty much things arent working. Please let me know how to fix this situation. its pretty discouraging.

-Chris
    Hi-Def
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." -Bob Marley

"When the needle drops, the bullshit stops"

Quote Originally Posted by crlandrum0 View Post
    So I purchased all of my equipment separately to save a little money, but i think it was a really bad idea. I purchased the stanton final scratch interface, stanton timecode vinyls, and Native Ins. Traktor Scratch Pro. I heard that they dont work together anymore,but ive heard so many different things i really dont know whats going on. Pretty much things arent working. Please let me know how to fix this situation. its pretty discouraging.

-Chris
    Hi-Def
    Yup sadly they wont work together anymore, i think you would have to use Traktor 2 for them to work together

Purchasing things serparatly isnt a bad idea, but you really need to do your research before you do so.

To use Tpro with timecode vinyl you would need an Audio8 or a Traktor certified mixer. Best bet would be to track down one of these to use with Tpro and try to get your money back for the final scratch interface and Vinyl you bought.

I myself have Final Scratch, and no unfortunately you will not be able to use Traktor Scratch Pro with the hub. However you are still able to use the DVS System with earlier versions of Traktor (ie... Dj Studio 2 and The first versions of Dj Studio 3)

I am sure you should be able to find these on back catalogs of some on-line shops etc...
    You can also look on the warez networks for the try before you buy versions.

The one thing that will be good with the Scratch amp is you will still be able to use a controller and Traktor Pro together. Just not with the DVS Control

Cheers and hope everything works out.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Convert

so does any software work with the stanton interface? and if so could that be another alternative?

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by crlandrum0 View Post
    so does any software work with the stanton interface? and if so could that be another alternative?

Thanks for your help.
    You could use older version of Traktor as stated above. Sorry to hear about this This is the second or third time i think we have heard of someone buying a FS interface only to find out its not compatible with later version of Traktor.

Tech Convert

thanks appreciate it...ill see if i can find the other software.

try deckadance or the free dvs mixxx

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    try deckadance or the free dvs mixxx
    Thats a good idea actually - they are probably better than version of traktor from that long ago.

for sure. there was a new beta of deckadance that came out today. i thought mixxx was pretty good for being free.

Silly question maybe, but how old is your Stanton Stuff? If not too old, isnt there a money back guarantee?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast