Traktor 3

Thread: Traktor 3

Default Traktor 3

Hi everyone

I have been using Traktor for a little while and there are a couple if little snaggy problems that I could do with some help with.

When Traktor is beat mixing two records sometimes the beats have a ghost effect with one slighty behing the other. I have adjusted the beat grids and I know you can use the little pitch scuffer thing to nudge it back in but is there anything else I can do to stop this?

Also I am experiencing a very light distortion in the sound with the track kind of phasining in and out slightly. In addition to this there is another strange little affect going on which is very similar to what a cd does when it jumps, you know that stuttering effect? Its nowhere near as bad as what a cd does but its the same sort of thing for a split second. These effects are very small but I tend to mix a lot in the headphones for clarity and you seem to notice it more then.

Do I need better equipment? I have a Numark DJIO soundcard and a 2.3 ghz processor

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received!. Thanks very much

Quote Originally Posted by ALLK1LL3R NOFILLER View Post
    When Traktor is beat mixing two records sometimes the beats have a ghost effect with one slighty behing the other. I have adjusted the beat grids and I know you can use the little pitch scuffer thing to nudge it back in but is there anything else I can do to stop this?
    DVS or MIDI?
    If DVS, are you using belt or direct drives tables?

For both, sounds like you're not starting the tracks totally in time, it's just practice, and that's why pitch bending was invented.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLK1LL3R NOFILLER View Post
    Also I am experiencing a very light distortion in the sound with the track kind of phasining in and out slightly. In addition to this there is another strange little affect going on which is very similar to what a cd does when it jumps, you know that stuttering effect? Its nowhere near as bad as what a cd does but its the same sort of thing for a split second. These effects are very small but I tend to mix a lot in the headphones for clarity and you seem to notice it more then.
    Are you clipping?
    Is the phasing on every mix? or just a few tracks (thinking some tracks could have almost identical drums or something like that, which would result in phasing)
    Stuttering? first thought is are your tracks legit? if no, problem might stem from there. if they are, first off sorry. but it could be a buffering thing. how much RAM have you got? If you're running Traktor 3 you can adjust the amount of cache each deck uses, might be worth increasing that.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Thanks for the replies. The source I am using is sound files in WAV or MP3. Some of them are a bit dodgy I would guess! That's probably the problem. I've had decks since '92 so know my way around beat mixing. Its much harder to get the beats matching exactly using Traktor I find. I dont think I'm clipping in fact I'm sure that I'm not because the levels are nicely high but never red. I've seen the cache limits and they're on the limits as it is. I think the problem is coming from the fact that some of the files are better quality than others. Put rubbish in get rubbish out?

On another note, I've gone through the Traktor manual and cant find anything about fixing the delay which comes from the headphones. What I mean is when I have a track playing live so to speak and coming through the headphones at the same time there is a delay like there would be in a club when the speakers are far away. The problem is that the speaker is not far away but actually right next to me! How do you fix the delay, any ideas?

have you tried using the master/slave function and seeing if they stay in time with that? i'm not suggesting using this all the time, but would work as a way of testing how good the grids are on your tracks.

also, with the delay, check your latency settings on the djio's control panel and in traktors settings. the delay could be coming from there. i assume you have headphones and main speakers hooked up to it?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Hi Brad, yes I've used the master slave and also the master clock function.

I will try the latency settings and yes I have two of the soundcard channels for the speaker and two for the headphones