Audio Mapping Problem
    Tech Wizard

Default Audio Mapping Problem

Hey

I have a problem with Traktor I was hoping you guys could help me with.

I'm looking to get into DJ'ing, but I have no money what so ever, so I'm looking to see what I can do with my laptop, a demo version of Traktor Pro and mapping everything to my keyboard.

I'm using a Late '09 MBP 13", so I have only one audio output. To try and get around this I've gone into Traktor settings > Output Routing and set 'Output Out 0' to 'Output Monitor Left Channel' and then set 'Output Out 1' to 'Output Master Right Channel'. What I'm trying to do is get the master output on the right headphone and the preview channel to cue up tracks on the left headphone, which would mean I could just use an audio splitter on my audio output and plug one end into my speakers and the other into my headphones.

It has almost worked, but the only issue is when I have a track cueing, I can still hear it, although at only a fraction of the volume, on the master sound output.

Is there a way to fix this? Or is that meant to happen? I'm brand new to this

Thanks for your help

You'll do better to get an [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002ZBDVZ8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lp o-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00006BALQ&pf_rd_m=A3P5 ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1JVVS601CHE8EYSNWWX0"]iMic USB[/ame] if you can stretch that far, it's very basic but gives you an extra audio I/O that you can use in Traktor by creating an aggregate device.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES