S4 -> VCI-100 Mapping Request
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default S4 -> VCI-100 Mapping Request

Hi Guys,

Can everyone interested in DJTT creating a VCI-100 type mapping for the S4 please make their desire known by replying to this thread.

From what I've seen only Ean and the DJTT team can make this great piece of equipment something legendary (like the VCI-100 became)

But they need to know we want it, so be sure to let them know by letting them know!

Thanks.
    Last edited by r1chardell1s; 11-10-2010 at 07:18 AM.
    Oh shit - There goes another set of speakers!:eek:

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It was said in the S4 article that Ean wanted to do a mapping for the S4, but he wanted to do it NHL mode and not midi. NI has to give him access to that so we'll see.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Cheers Jojo for the news.

So he's just waiting for the OK from NI then and isn't debating whether or not people would want this enough to be time well spent developing?

I started this thread to help gauge the community's desire for such a mapping. At the moment, I find the S4 a bit clunky and not as immediate as the VCI-100.

I was wondering if others felt the same.
    Last edited by r1chardell1s; 11-10-2010 at 07:13 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r1chardell1s View Post
    Cheers Jojo for the news.

So he's just waiting for the OK from NI then and isn't debating whether or not people would want this enough to be time well spent developing?

I started this thread to help gauge the communities desire for such a mapping. At the moment, I find the S4 a bit clunky and not as immediate as the VCI-100.

I was wondering if others felt the same.

What do you mean by clunky?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by r1chardell1s View Post
    Hi Guys,

Can everyone interested in DJTT creating VCI-100 type mapping for Traktor please make their desire known by replying to this thread.

From what I've seen only Ean and the DJTT team can make this great piece of equipment something legendary.

But they need to know we want it, so be sure to let them know by letting them know!

Thanks.
    that's a good idea..

i'm really hoping NI gives ean the code. some better fx integration, customisable presets and a live fader fx mode :eek:
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

See. This is the bull shit I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by dafe View Post
    ..?
    i think he means this
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    What do you mean by clunky?
    Um - With the VCI, there is a real sense of intelligent mapping. The fader FX, echo dub delay and slicing that Ean hard mapped gives me the best way to add FX and transition between different tempo songs. At the moment, despite having controls for each FX parameter, I can't do the same things that have become a staple of my DJing style.

So by 'clunky', I mean not as 'hands on' and 'easy, immediate results' providing as the VCI-100.

Does that make any sense???
    Last edited by r1chardell1s; 11-10-2010 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxonemillionone View Post
    See. This is the bull shit I'm talking about.
    If you're thinking this is another S4 fanboy thread, that was not my intention.

I am keen to mod (if only via TSI) the device into something as good (but likely better) than the VCI-100 and wanted Ean to know that there are users like me who are interested in making this happen.

But just so I'm not wasting my time here talking about something which you weren't referring to, could you please elaborate on what you meant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast