Xone 1D L.E.D. Traktor Deck focus mapping help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Xone 1D L.E.D. Traktor Deck focus mapping help!

Hi all,

I have a Xone 1D mapped exactly how i want it, with one small exception!

I read BradCee's article, which covered pretty much what I had done to no avail. I'm using the 4 buttons at the bottom as deck focus select buttons, but really want to have l.e.d. feedback on the controller to i don't loose track of where I am. Surely this can be achieved within Traktor??
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Guru

AFAIK Traktor does not send output led info when it automatically changes deck focus. If you do every focus manually, you can send output led info to whatever buttons you want, updating them as you manually change focus.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

i do change focus manually...?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

For what it's worth, I never figured it out either. Interested to know if it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    AFAIK Traktor does not send output led info when it automatically changes deck focus. If you do every focus manually, you can send output led info to whatever buttons you want, updating them as you manually change focus.
    Well is there a situation (apart from loading a new track into a deck) where Traktor would change focus automatically? Can't think of one right now (but that doesn't necessarily mean much), so I think you could just map the change in LED output to your load buttons.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Well is there a situation (apart from loading a new track into a deck) where Traktor would change focus automatically? Can't think of one right now (but that doesn't necessarily mean much), so I think you could just map the change in LED output to your load buttons.
    Technically no, but I suppose it is possible that the button is clicked hard enough to trigger the midi signal but not the LED (or vice versa). There are also accidental mouse clicks which will change deck focus.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic View Post
    Technically no, but I suppose it is possible that the button is clicked hard enough to trigger the midi signal but not the LED (or vice versa).
    Hm, I don't fully understand what you mean. If you map a change in LED feedback to the same CCs as you map track loading, how should the stuff you described happen?

There are also accidental mouse clicks which will change deck focus.
    Granted, you have a point there (even though I personally prefer to not touch the computer at all while DJing with Traktor).
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

With my 1d I use 1 button at the bottom for deck focus. All you have to do is set it as global. Then you can switch threw the decks manually and still have the other 3 buttons to map to something else. LED will be on all the time for the 1 button.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

Tech Guru

Of course! It's called auto mode. I take it you use manual or internal clock mode...
    The options are on the clock panel (little metronome icon at top left). I used to use auto mode, and tried to map my leds- quickly realized the auto focus changes don't send led info, though manual selection works fine.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Hm, I don't fully understand what you mean. If you map a change in LED feedback to the same CCs as you map track loading, how should the stuff you described happen?
    I'm referring to no LED feedback. I was saying, I never got LED Feedback to work like I wanted it. Basically each button w/ an LED acts like a toggle by default. I never took it any further.

Granted, you have a point there (even though I personally prefer to not touch the computer at all while DJing with Traktor).
    Same here, but I am not smart enough to disable the screen saver and to put it simply, I have dick fingers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast