Traktor S4 BPM detection/Tap funtion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor S4 BPM detection/Tap funtion

Is it just me or is Traktor S4 deadly accurate when it comes to beat gridding. Everytime I hit the tap button it's always dead on.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm not using the tap, but the new algorithm for detecting the beat grid seems to be much better than TPRO 1.2.6. I gridded a few new songs yesterday and noticed a difference in how mach I was having to make fine adjustments. So I did a little test loaded up a few songs that had some troubles getting the grid set originally and TS4 pretty much hit on the nail the first time. One song for example was analyzed in 1.2.6 at 123.xx bpm and I had to adjust the grid to 127 for it to even come close to lining up. TS4 hit at 127 the first time and I just had to move the grid a tiny bit to get it right.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Still no multiple BPMs in tracks though if I'm right?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Nope not yet.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Convert

I have a problem with reading instructions, and so i was surprised when i was randomly tapping the sync button that all of a sudden my song sped up x2. Deffinately a good feature but I have to be careful and not do that live lol

Tech Guru

It's definitely nice to have this peace of mind when Traktor is analyzing your tracks that you know it's going to be pretty accurate. I almost never used auto grid in T Pro after a while.

man, im have some difficulties trying to figure alot of this stuff out!!!

1. How do i get my Advance function to show up at the bottom of my decks? (like to beat grid, set cue points, ect..)
    2. When i sync both decks, it automatically syncs to my master clock!!! I was under the assumption like in traktor pro it would sync to what ever the master deck was synced to (like master A would the sync to B... not to the master clock!!!
    3. My loop recorder will only record my MIC, "no decks", and the wet/dry has no effect, it actually lowers my master volume of my main speaker outputs.
    4. This one im totally missing.... are the sample decks supposed to automatically sync to what ever deck is playing??? like if deck A is playing and your trigger a sample deck is it supposed to sync to the deck being played?? if so, how the heck do you get that feature to operate..

I feel like an idiot asking these questions but ive been struggling since monday trying to figure all this out... any help would be greatly appreciate.

This is all in the manual. I'll give you some short simple answers, but you really need to study the manual. Lots of things can be explained in the S4 section of the Traktor Bible site as well.

http://www.traktorbible.com/en/traktorbible.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by kdelca7470 View Post
    1. How do i get my Advance function to show up at the bottom of my decks? (like to beat grid, set cue points, ect..)
    Little arrow under the word active.

2. When i sync both decks, it automatically syncs to my master clock!!! I was under the assumption like in traktor pro it would sync to what ever the master deck was synced to (like master A would the sync to B... not to the master clock!!!
    Click on the metronome symbol upper left corner.

3. My loop recorder will only record my MIC, "no decks", and the wet/dry has no effect, it actually lowers my master volume of my main speaker outputs.
    Little arrow under the dry wet knob in the software.

4. This one im totally missing.... are the sample decks supposed to automatically sync to what ever deck is playing??? like if deck A is playing and your trigger a sample deck is it supposed to sync to the deck being played?? if so, how the heck do you get that feature to operate..
    The sample will sync with the deck above it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    This is all in the manual. I'll give you some short simple answers, but you really need to study the manual. Lots of things can be explained in the S4 section of the Traktor Bible site as well.

Little arrow under the word active. (NO arrow or word active??)

Click on the metronome symbol upper left corner. (got this one)

Little arrow under the dry wet knob in the software. (got it)

(got this one to)

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post

Little arrow under the word active.

Click on the metronome symbol upper left corner.

Little arrow under the dry wet knob in the software.

only thing i cant figure out is how to get my active button to show up to set beat grids N Cue points!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast