Find Me A Mixer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Find Me A Mixer

Tech Guru

I like Nuo 2.0. It's a very compact analogue mixer loaded with features

It has 2x phono/line with nice faders & FX send (post/pre switchable)
    the extra Mic/Aux has a knob for volume ctrl + 2 band EQ. Could be sent to the headphones so it's an almost full 3rd channel

It has an FX send/return bus, which can be used for software or hardware based effectors.

The Master outs are XLR & RCA. There's also an RCA booth and a dedicated record out too.

A bit expensive, but the sourd quality is very good. It has amazing set of features for 6.3"/160mm unit. IMO, it's the perfect analogue companion for a controller based setup.

Im in the market for a new mixer too. The ecler does look like one of the best you can get. Ive only heard rave reviews on it.

http://www.djforums.com/content/2006/04/22/ecler-nuo2/

You should also consider the DDM4000 from behringer. I know its 4 channels, but its cheap and packed full of features, including midi.
    The sound seems to be pretty good from the reviews too:

http://www.djforums.com/content/2009...-depth-review/
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Im in the market for a new mixer too. The ecler does look like one of the best you can get. Ive only heard rave reviews on it.

http://www.djforums.com/content/2006/04/22/ecler-nuo2/

You should also consider the DDM4000 from behringer. I know its 4 channels, but its cheap and packed full of features, including midi.
    The sound seems to be pretty good from the reviews too:

http://www.djforums.com/content/2009...-depth-review/
    Seems like the topic starter uses Traktors effects so there is no need for all the gimmicks on the behringer. And when it comes to pure sound quality, the Ecler 2.0 and Xone 22 just sound better. As I own the xone 22, I can inform you of one shortcoming that is not that big of a deal for me since I only use it at home and use club installed mixers at gigs, but if you take it with you a lot, you should know that the power cable is more like a mobile phone charger. It's not a heavy duty cable that is mounted permanently to the mixer as you usually see, but a really tiny plug that you plug in, and the worst part, there is no power switch. Plug it in = power on and vice versa. So if you take it on the road definitely go with the Ecler, since it's also a lot smaller.

That being said however, can't you guys use the club mixer? or is it for home use?

Tech Guru

Ecler Nou 2.0 @ Skratchworx:
    http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/nuo2_0.php

Quote Originally Posted by knaumov View Post
    I am now 100% sold on the ecler, cheers
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

If you're broke…the Behring Xenyx PA mixers are actually good, just ignore the effects. I've run fairly big sound systems (though not 30,000W club systems) off one with multiple digital DJs and they work great. I've also run a fully mic'd band off of one once…that was actually a lot of fun until they started sucking 'cuz they were too drunk.

Since you're each cuing off your sound cards anyway, you don't need a DJ mixer.

Just pay attention to the levels and don't clip it, 'cuz they do get nasty pretty quickly…they're made for people who know that that "Peak" or "+20" isn't code for "almost loud enough" and that it actually means "You suck at leveling and your sound deserves to suck."

Maybe you guys should act a bit longer until you can open a 4ch mixer since there's two of you.. Probably get bored of 2 channels after a while. Conscionable a proposition!

Separate than that, for me, can't go bygone a conceiver.. Especially if you go for the 4ch 800

Tech Mentor

You don't need a DJ mixer, grab a mini studio one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12