hackintosh/macintosh

View Poll Results: hackintosh or macintosh?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • buy the apple laptop!

48 71.64%
  • a hackintosh is worth it if you know what youre doing!

13 19.40%
  • hackintosh all the way!

6 8.96%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default hackintosh/macintosh

is it worth it to just pay the lump of money it costws for an apple computer? or is there anyone here with well running hackintosh builds that they enjoy..

input!!

Some laptops are easier than others for Hackintosh. The only reason my T60 isn't running one is because is an absolute BIZNITCH to get it running. I'm sorry but I don't want to write my own drivers. I've compiled my own linux kernel, that's stressful enough. There's some useful websites that have different hackintosh distro's and the machines they work best on. Good luck! And no, it isn't worth the pice, at all. You can get the same performance if not better from a machine you built your self at 1/2 the cost.

I'd only suggest doing a Hackintosh if you are extremely familiar with shell scriping. That is DOS/ASH/BASH/Telnet etc..

pretty sure this is gonna get locked as dont think your aloud to talk about hackintosh here

Tech Wizard

oh woops my bad didnt know..

I've always been a PC person. I built my first computer to my last one. My last laptop (which I spilled milk all over about two weeks ago :[). My vote is go get a MacBook. PC's tech support BLOWS. I used to torrent years ago, and I went legit and started buying everything legitly and all it did was come back to bite me in the ass. I bought Win7, after updating my Laptop to it over night (A week after its release) it told me to restart my computer and I did, and after the restart it cleared my entire hard drive. My brother had a small problem with his MacBook with the ram, he took it back NQA - they helped him out.

F*cking worth it to buy a Mac just cause of the service you recieve. And hey, its the optimal thing to use for what we do anyway - so why not?

I supported Windows for years / PC's, and I will NEVER buy another one again in my life. Whether its buying it pre-made, or building one myself. F that S.

I say support the company. OS X releases are cheap enough, and you really do get your money back in service.

I had an issue with my last macbook that caused it to overheat like it was its job. I had to deal with there service for a little while, but they gave me a new one.

I've had far too many NQA fixes at genius bars to even think about another company in terms of tech support…including the day I spilled an ink well on my laptop. They ended up giving me a new keyboard for free and made sure nothing else was damaged…and it didn't void my warranty. I was lucky because the guy "broke the top case" taking it apart to fix it, but…it still worked out.

I also remember talking to a Microsoft employee in an Apple store once. He was buying a copy of Snow Leopard for his personal laptop.

Yeah it's pretty tight around here with talk about hacked software/hardware/anything..

haha - support the company that just had a $20b profit quarter
    Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I say support the company.
    I say knock one up if you're good enough, then if you start making money from digi-djing throw a few coins apples way. Unless you're a freak though it will invariably have more problems than it's worth..

Good luck hombre

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

my old acer could run hackintosh fairly well (had same mobo than old macbooks) but it's far from the experience you get with an apple computer. my mac is still running as fast as the 1º day and had no harware issues.

IMO, it works to give you a 1º impression of OSX, but you will end up owning a mac

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    Yeah it's pretty tight around here with talk about hacked software/hardware/anything..

haha - support the company that just had a $20b profit quarter
    Dude the point isnt to support the big company at all.
    The point is not to get DJTT in hot water with a company that could eat it alive.

Respect DJTT basically... last thing DJTT wants is to be known as a place that you can come get advice on doing illegal activities despite whether we agree/disagree on hacks and cracks.

Thats my take on it anyway YMMV

Ive nver used a mac, I cant bring myself to give them all my monies.
    Its true theyre well built, designed, decent customer support & they'll run DJ apps very well indeed.

But taking a £1500 piece of hardware on the road into a hostile environment like a club is, in my opinion, insane.

I think generally you'll be alright with it. Unless someone spills beer on it / steals it/ knocks it off the lappy stand.

Thats pretty much why I brought a second hand refurb HP lappy and threw win 7 on it. It cost me £250 and I have another windows laptop for all my junk, surfing & backup. Then I have a portable hard drive which backs up that too.

All of this costs about half the price of one new 15" mac pro and both lappys run traktor scratch pro without issue.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast