DJTechTools - Online DJ School
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default DJTechTools - Online DJ School

What's up guys,

I've always had a passion for music and so, recently, I decided to dive into it and managed to pick up a Midi Fighter, the Traktor s4 alongside an iPhone 4 running TouchOSC. I think I have a 'decent' setup and hope to expand but before I do so I want to fully understand the ins and outs of Traktor. Sure I can look up youtube videos and other tutorials, but this wouldn't necessarily satisfy my appetite. So, in the past few days I was pondering about enrolling at the brand new Dubspot Online classes and that got me thinking.. why doesn't a thriving DJ community such as DJTechTools have such a thing? Why shouldn't they? I would love for DJTT to offer online classes, simply put, that would be sick. But then again, I don't know.. maybe I'm in over my head? I would love to hear your feedback, Thanks guys.
    The name's gh0stline - Traktor Kontrol s4 - Midi Figther - iPhone 4 TouchOSC

DJTT's Youtube videos are quite good. I didn't start from the ground up, but I knew the very, very basics of Traktor only, and learned quite a few useful tricks just from the Youtube vids.

Also, as those are paid for services, quite a lot of effort has to go into them.

Tech Guru

One word logistics. This community is very large and thriving but for the most part were spread out all over the globe. Also as far as teaching goes they/we try to give it away for free. Give em the knowledge for free but sell them the tools or something like that.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Default DJTT - West Coast : Dubspot - East Coast : Photojojo - representin' Texas

http://www.dubspot.com/djproducer/#d...ensive-program

DJ Level 1: Rookie Sessions | Essentials I
    Core Level of DJ (4 sessions in 2 or 4 weeks)

Become comfortable with the equipment and basic technique of DJing, and create your first 2 song mix.
    Learn:
    * How a DJ setup works: basic overview of turntable/CDJ, mixer, and headphones.
    * The proper technique to scratch and play a vinyl record
    * An introduction to digital DJing (Serato & Traktor both taught)
    * How to count beats
    * “Dropping on the 1”
    * Beatmatching with “pushing & pulling” and “the halfway method”
    * How to perform a basic mix/blend of two songs

Final Assignment: Perform your 1st live 2 song mix for the class.
    Note: This track is also available as a 2-day 6-hour weekend workshop.

Course price: $395

DJ Level 2: Phrase Mixing | Essentials II
    Enhance your understanding of song structure and beatmatching to craft seamless mixes that are not just in sync but in phrase.
    Learn:
    How to count bars
    Common song structure in various genres
    More advanced beatmatching techniques – “the professional method”
    Phrase mixing and the conversation between two songs
    Cue point use in Serato/Traktor
    Intermediate features of the Pioneer CDJ
    Final Assignment: Perform a 3 song “phrase mix.”

DJ Level 3: Beyond The Blend | Intermediate Skills
    Develop an arsenal of distinct mixing techniques, both traditional and digital, and gain experience improvising and performing in realistic group settings.
    Learn:
    Intermediate mixing techniques, such as the “drop cut,” “stop & drop,” “power down,” and “backspin”
    Looping & layering in Serato/Traktor
    Advanced features of the Pioneer CDJ
    How to perform comfortably in improvisational group jam sessions
    Basic guidelines to EQing
    Final Assignment: Perform a 10 minute phrase mix that includes new mixing techniques.

DJ Level 4: Preparation | DJ Psychology
    Advanced Level of DJ (4 sessions in 2 or 4 weeks)
    Train your mind to think like a DJ by analyzing, organizing, and presenting music in terms of energy, sonic character, and crowd/venue considerations.
    Learn:
    Methods of music organization
    How to build 3 song mini sets with definite arc and flow
    Tips for “reading a room,” i.e. what to play when
    Intermediate EQing
    Intermediate features and use of Traktor Scratch Pro with the Kontrol X1 MIDI controller
    How to record a mix
    Final Assignment: Record a 10 song mix in class to be shared with the group.

DJ Level 5: Classroom to the Club | Advanced Techniques I
    Take an in-depth look at advanced mixing techniques as well as business/marketing strategies that will help you establish yourself as a professional DJ.
    Learn:
    Advanced EQing and layering
    New performance effects such as filters, delays, reverbs, and more
    A variety of artist development strategies, i.e. how to “build your brand”
    An introduction to the business of working with promoters, club owners, managers, and booking agents
    Advanced dancefloor psychology and programming
    Final Assignment: Play at a real club night (organized by Dubspot) that you also help promote!

DJ Level 6: Club to the World | Advanced Techniques II
    Introduce the “wow factor” to your sets by building routines and incorporating performance tools such as MIDI controllers, advanced FX, sampling, wordplay, and harmonic mixing.
    Learn:
    Midi mapping & basic controllerism
    Principles of harmonic mixing
    Advanced FX combinations
    How to examine what makes an impactful “routine”
    Methods of incorporating samples and acappellas
    Techniques to transition from “wow-ing” to making people dance
    Final Assignment: Perform a 10 minute set that begins with an impactful routine and incorporates at least one of the above concepts.

BONUS BOSS LEVEL:

DJ Level 1000: World Domination Sessions by Tekki JesC, Karlos Santos, Photojojo and JesterNZDJ
    Essentials Bitches!!

Supreme Level of DJ

1 session, For Life

Step 1: Become comfortable with your gear, comfortable like with your girlfriend, only more intimate and with heart. There's no faking it here.

Step 2: Master the art and technique of Dominating by creating your first Epic Mix that Crushes everything it touches....without thought or hesitation.

Then, You Must Learn the DJTT Controller Corps Chant:

This is my Controller. There are many like it but this one is mine.

My Controller is my best friend. It is my life.

I must Master it as I must Master my life.

Without me, my Controller is useless.

Without my Controller I am useless.

I must Crush Samples with my Controller, true.

I must Scratch, Sample and BitCrush straighter than my enemy, who is trying to Crush me.

I must Dominate him before he Dominates me. I will.

Before Ean Golden I swear this creed: my Controller and myself are defenders of those Epic Nights, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of DJ's Worldwide. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace on the Dance floor. Amen.

Drill Sergeants Tekki, JesC, Karlos Santos, Photojojo and JesterNZDJ...

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training... you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death, praying for DJ War and Dance Floor Destruction. But until that day you are pukes! You're the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even Top 40 Dj's! You are nothing but unorganized grabasstic pieces of Drunken Frat Boys!

Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn: I am hard, but I am fair! There is no racial bigotry here! I do not look down on others; here you are all equally worthless! And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the DJTechTools gear to serve in my beloved Corps! Do you maggots understand that?

* How a DJ setup works: ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION!!!!

* What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?! HERE WE GO!

* The Basic overview is to Master the Controller, Turntable/CDJ, Mixer, and Headphones.

* You must also Respect the History, Tradition, Legacy and Foundation created by the Legendary Technics 1200's, of which we build Controllerism upon. You Got That?? OK!!!

* Tonight... you pukes will sleep with your Controllers and Mixers!

* You will give your Controller a girl's name! Because this is the only Controller you people are going to get!

* Your days of finger-fading little old Numark DM1002X through her laggy and unresponsive faders are over!

* You're married to this piece, this weapon of Plastic and Rubberized Pots! And you will be faithful!

* The deadliest weapon in the world is a Controller DJ, his Soundcard and his Controller.

* It is your killer instinct which must be harnessed if you expect to survive during your sets.

* Your Controller is only a tool. It is a hard heart that kills the Dance Floor.

* If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not KILL the Dance Floor.

* You will become dead Controller DJ's only to suffer an eternity of TOP 40 and wedding disasters.

* And then you will be in a world of shit. Because Controller DJ's are not allowed to die without permission!!!

* Do you maggots understand???

Soon it will be Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty!
    Ean Golden will tell you about how the free world will conquer Top 40 with the aid of the S4 and a few Contoller DJ's! Ean Golden has a Kung-Fu Grip for Controller DJ's because we kill every Dance Floor we see!

He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep the DJTT Store packed with fresh Top 40 souls seeking salvation! Ean Golden was here before the DJTT Controller Corps! So you can give your heart to Ean and the S4, but your ass belongs to the Controllerism! Do you ladies understand?

After Graduation from the DJTT Controller Corps, you people are no longer maggots. On that day you will be Controllerists!!

You're part of a Brotherhood.

From now on, until the day you die, wherever you are, every Controller DJ is your Brother. Most of you will play out at Weddings to pay the rent. Some of you will not come back.

But always remember this: Controller Dj's KILL THE DANCE FLOOR, that's what we're here for! And DJTT Controller Corps lives forever. That means you LIVE FOREVER!

Every set will be yours, EPIC sets ruled by the Kung-Fu Grip!! These are great days you're living, bros. You're are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with S4's. Those people you waste every night are the finest human beings you will ever know.

And before you ladies leave my island, you will all be able to do the same thing!

So what are you waiting for?? MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!!!

Course price: Priceless -

**Achievement Unlocked**
    Last edited by b3nz0n8; 11-23-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Hahahaha ok that was a great laugh props for that lol i cant imagine how long that took you to put together
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Tech Guru

Dude, you are one funny mofo to come up with all this stupid shit!!!! hahahahhahahaha

on another note. That's pretty expensive if those are the prices at Dubspot. Scratch Academy is much cheaper but they don't offer online classes.

I think some DJTT classes would be great. Or maybe even a DVD w/ video lessons??
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

epic text mate.

@ topic:

for me the videos from ean and his crew are all thats needed to get an idea on how to spice things up and what to try for yourself. no need for classes/lessons.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

b3nz0n8, that is the most fucking epic thing i've ever read. Props!

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

There is no price tag on the supreme level yet. What will you charge for it?
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

This is my Controller. There are many like it but this one is mine.

My Controller is my best friend. It is my life.

I must Master it as I must Master my life.

Without me, my Controller is useless.

Without my Controller I am useless.

I must Crush Samples with my Controller, true.

I must Scratch, Sample and BitCrush straighter than my enemy, who is trying to Crush me.

I must Dominate him before he Dominates me. I will.

this had me on the floor laughing, but im still gonna learn it ha ha this is a great idea
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast