Do I need a midi fighter????
    Tech Student

Default Do I need a midi fighter????

Hi Guys,

This question may have already been answered. I have been DJing in clubs with my VCI-100 now for a while and constantly update the mappings when possible but I have become bored recently?? Maybe bored is the wrong word?? I feel limited??

Is a Midi Fighter going to help me out and make things feel fresh?? I wouldnt want to get rid of my VCI-100 I would look at adding a Midi Fighter to my setup but Im not sure if I see many advantages of this??

Please if anyone was at this stage and the Midi Fighter gave them "that feeling" back then please let me know.

Tech Mentor

I think it will add a fresh take. I want to add a midi fighter (actually I want to build one) and map it with my VCI. I wanna make my VCI control decks A and B while my Midi Fighter would control Decks C and D which would be one shot samples or cues. It would give me S4 functionality until the S4 software comes to TPro. If your interested in something like that do it! But if you just want to use their Midi mapping I don't think it will add much that the VCI cant already do besides some of the neat tricks Ean added to its mapping

Tech Student

Thats what I had in mind, If I could use the midifighter for decks C and D to trigger cues and samples I think it would feel a lot more exciting plus it also looks pretty cool!!

Tech Mentor

yea if they integrate that feature from the S4 software into TPro I want a midi fighter to control that. Plus a midi fighter is a lot smaller and lighter so if you just wanna bust it out somewhere for a little fun it is a lot easier

Yeah when I bought my S4, one of the first things that came to mind was: MIDI FIGHTER!
    Just because 4 cue's isn't enough and although it's 10 been years that I've felt actual arcade buttons, I think they're gonna ROCK! (So I ordered one )

I purchased two midi fighter DIY kit and it was the best purchase I made since I got traktor I think.

It has its own original feel or something. I think its a landmark on the controller side of the world.

YOu need to get your hands on one to touch. you'll understand haha

Pork