Vinyl Vs Digital
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

nice links showing comparisons. The youtube video was more effective

Tech Guru

Nice article, some good points made and i'd have to say i completely agree.

Noticed a spelling error on the 2nd piece, few paragraphs in:
    with the quality possibly osunding worse than any other format.

Tech Mentor

Digital vs Analogue seems more about user preference. What the user is willing to sacrifice/gain by using one medium over the other.

This perpetual thought seems to be clouded by statements of better, real, right, wrong.

It's like so many are missing the point, it's about user preference. I never understand why anyone, pro analogue, or pro digital is always trying to round either side up and put them in a tidy little box of understanding.

The only thing to understand is that what one chooses makes it "right" for them.

People are always so eager to impose morality by saying whats "right" for them should be "right" for everyone else.

When it comes to this article, I am assuming it is to gain clarity on the convenience and myths about analogue vs. digital, with a slight bit of persuading some to think differently about "Digital DJing." However all of this information is readily available to anyone. Whats the point of persuasion or clarity?

I guess in a perfect world, digital heads would not be so insecure about what analogue geek think about their craft, and analogue fiends would not show their fear by silly statement of ignorance using the word "real."

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSOLO View Post
    Digital vs Analogue seems more about user preference. What the user is willing to sacrifice/gain by using one medium over the other.

This perpetual thought seems to be clouded by statements of better, real, right, wrong.

It's like so many are missing the point, it's about user preference. I never understand why anyone, pro analogue, or pro digital is always trying to round either side up and put them in a tidy little box of understanding.

The only thing to understand is that what one chooses makes it "right" for them.

People are always so eager to impose morality by saying whats "right" for them should be "right" for everyone else.

When it comes to this article, I am assuming it is to gain clarity on the convenience and myths about analogue vs. digital, with a slight bit of persuading some to think differently about "Digital DJing." However all of this information is readily available to anyone. Whats the point of persuasion or clarity?

I guess in a perfect world, digital heads would not be so insecure about what analogue geek think about their craft, and analogue fiends would not show their fear by silly statement of ignorance using the word "real."
    well said. I completely agree.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post
    Nice article, some good points made and i'd have to say i completely agree.

Noticed a spelling error on the 2nd piece, few paragraphs in:
    ill change that in a sec, thanks for reading.

the article was borne after a conversation with my friend who uses traktor scratch. he manually beat matches and i use the sync button. He called digital Djing "pressing buttons" so i ended up writing this article.

I also talked to Delta Heavy, and it was interesting they were excited about getting a Traktor S4 and not turntables.

Tech Guru

I have the same discussion quite often with people who spin solely vinyl, especially since i'm completely digital now (RMX).

I just explain i can beat match manually, and that a 10 year old could learn to beat match so if i choose to get it done in a split second to allow me more creativity and enjoyment in my mixes, then i'm gonna do it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSOLO View Post

+ 1 bazzillion
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

"Juan SOLO" (Yoda voice)The Force is is strong with this one!

So this article is more about the FRUSTRATION one feels about the bias of a certain format as opposed to another.You talk about Beat mixing being boring but this is the basis of what djing is still today. Even though you might find it convenient to HAVE A COMPUTER sync your tracks others still enjoy the raw connection of the analog format the simplicity of joining 2 records with only 2 turntables a mixer and headphones.this is a skill that has evolved for over 40 years plus. Because of the fact djing was so successful under this format you now have products available to you that appear all over the Internet(Your welcome!). This Frustration seems to be more about Ego than simply the art and science of Djing. Once everyone realizes they did not create Djing and are simply progressing in the natural evolution of the craft we can all go back to creating the next great set and sound! Djing will always be about action not words. Check your egos at the door for the crossroads is upon us. Some will elect for the new and improved , others the time tested format of vinyl. Some like jazz others hip hop but all have withstood the test of time.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Unknown View Post
    "Juan SOLO" (Yoda voice)The Force is is strong with this one!
    This Frustration seems to be more about Ego than simply the art and science of Djing. Once everyone realizes they did not create Djing and are simply progressing in the natural evolution of the craft we can all go back to creating the next great set and sound! Djing will always be about action not words. Check your egos at the door for the crossroads is upon us. Some will elect for the new and improved , others the time tested format of vinyl. Some like jazz others hip hop but all have withstood the test of time.
    What do you mean about ego's? Are you agreeing with me, because my view is that its the end product that matters the most.

fair enough, i was exaggerating the point when i said beat matching is boring. buts its the first part of djing. there is alot more to be done in both vinyl and digital after syncing two records.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast