How do you Review your music?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default How do you Review your music?

So I'm curious how some of you manage to review your music? Do you download, load it up on an ipod and review as you move along in your daily lives?

I had considered maybe buying a flash drive and putting music on it and bringing it to work and just letting it go through the list and marking stuff off. It just seems none of it would obviously be managed by some kind of library manager. You can't seamlessly use iTunes between a PC and OSX.

Any insight or advice would be appreciated. I'm curious as to how some of you deal with your review process if you part of pools and such and you may not have the full time to review while at home on your decks or something.

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

I just throw the Ipod on recently added and let it repeat through at the rest of the day. Usually do this until I know the songs enough to feel comfortable using them.

better you see reviews before hearing songs

Tech Guru

in the event i get a big pile of them at once i'll usually set aside some time to go through the whole lot so i can properly organize them to their respective folders or recycling bin.

the idea of putting them on an ipod is cool in theory, but it's almost a waste of time unless i have access to my computer to organize them into folders and my notepads to write lists.

Tech Guru

I bluetooth them to my phone, takes the piss but i don't have a usb cable for it (Some cheap Samsung that didn't come with one).
    Then i just listen on the tube to and from uni, about an hour travel time a day.
    I also put my own mixes on my phone for when i'm travelling so i can reveiw them and listen for mistakes, bad transitions etc.

Tech Wizard

What I started to do is put them on my ipod and use the stars to rate my music for when I got home. The problem is, I have multiple PC/MACs to manage this music. I'm considering maybe just utilizing something like trainspotter and just managing the music with a more universal approach.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Review? I buy it, grid it, cue it, and play it.

I have smart playlist on my phone that show me brand new stuff that's one day old, fresh stuff that's 2 weeks old, and most importantly forgotten gems which are songs that have four stars or more, but haven't been played in two months.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    +1 Boom!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post

same here..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

I usually only download a few tracks at a time (5-10), so they go right into the genre folder and scanned through Vdj.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast