Traktor S4 (using to full potential????) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

I can't stand he, he's just so slow and rabbling.
    Some of his stuff is quite interesting, I remember watching a video he did were he showed how to beatmatch on the pitch faders which was an interesting idea. And I'm sure he's got heaps of other interesting vids but he just takes so fucking long to get to the point I can't watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    but he just takes so fucking long to get to the point I can't watch them.
    yeah, ill have to give that one to you. its excessive sometimes
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Id never hate on J. He does a great job for new DJs. Hes a YouTube star...

That said, he hasnt made a good video there. Why is he dropping samples into the deck like that. The sample decks are free and personally i think you should check the option not to load into a playing deck.

Still hes just showing how much fun you can have right from the off so i still think hes a first class bloke.

What ive always wondered is, does he EVER tidy up. His house is a bloody tip.

I still enjoy watching some of his videos as a few are interesting and helpful.

He does demonstrate a lot for people just starting up and wanting to get into djing but this video I found not very informative. I'm still new to the whole digital side of djing as I've progressed from vinyl to cds and now digital. But this does not in anyway do S4 any justice.

If I was thinking of getting into digital djing and looked at this I would think that this piece of software doesn't offer anything different from the rest out there which is completely not true. All he needed to do was demonstrate using the samples in the sample banks and maybe put a track into either deck a or b.

This hardware/software collaboration is supposed to eliminate most of the mouse and keyboard use. He should of taken 5 mins out to understand how it worked.

A lot of companies pass on their new gear to him to test/review and promote on youtube as he has thousands of followers and people are influenced by him. But this video would definitely not make think about the S4 if I was venturing into digital.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    true dat.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Uhhh, then you probably don't want to visit me.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah dropping in tracks on a deck with your mouse AND automaticly have them playing without cueing them first was hilarious

I watched this too the other day. Whilst I think this guy is great for newbie DJ's it did concern me rather a lot that he was representing the S4 poorly to his massive audience.

People look at his vids for advice on what to buy as a starter DJ and this video really doesn't show off the S4 for the all in one solution it really is. I suppose I'd just hope people would look for more videos of the S4 instead of thinking that all you could do with it was load up some short loops and make some basic beats.

I'm not saying he should be doing an Ean Golden style routine in his mini reviews but the things he does in this video are just erm... click and drag?
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Beginner vinylist: "You mean I can just click and drag the portion of the song I want into a track and it will cue up, play, sync, and loop??"

I'd say he's spot on for his audience.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12