Need help from those who use HD-25 Head Phones
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Need help from those who use HD-25 Head Phones

I have two sets of these. One is the HD25-I and i just bought a new pair of HD25-II.

I have used the HD25-I pair for many years and the only problem i have had is when putting on the headphones while djing sometimes the sound will cut from one side. The fix is just messing with the cable in the section connecting it to the driver. A slight move usually fixes it until it happens again after 4-5 songs.

So i bought a brand new pair HD25-II and the problem seems to exist again..... For some reason the drivers lose contact with the audio cable when it its bent a certain way.

Since my new pair has the same problem, others must have it too. Has anyone found a fix for this?

I dont want to get rid of these they are the best headphones i have ever used and i dont care if they dont look "DJ" like lol.

Haha, also have this problem on the right cup.

In fact I got the shop I bought it from to send me a out a new cable. They are over £40 so I wasn't going to buy one.

Didn't solve it. Although I will add the HD-25s cable is pretty *****y anyway. Only suggestion to them would be to make a more heavy duty one.

Quote Originally Posted by chomorro View Post
    The fix is just messing with the cable in the section connecting it to the driver.
    Sounds exactly like this. I don't know how these are build but usually if you take the foam off the cup you can unscrew the casing around the driver. Then just re-attach the wire to the driver as it sounds like it's come loose.
    Not really a big job depending on if you can get to the speaker or not.

Tech Guru

ive never had an issue with mine. the contacts probably just need burnished? or maybe its your ear thats cutting out?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Wizard

Mine has this problem from sleeping on it one too many times, I'm not sure if it's the cable or the driver unit.

Even if you disassemble the 25s you can't get to the actual part of the driver where that plugs in, you'd have to take the speaker out of the little bit that holds the speaker (not the cup, the bit that holds the speaker goes in the cup with some dampening) and that's a bit further than I'd like to go with mine.

If you want to try a new cable, you can go get a cable meant to go on the HD 650, they use the same plugs. That said I'm pretty sure the problem is in the connection on the driver.

I have this issue on my right cup of my hd25iic
    I want to get one of the cables from the guy that does the custom hd25's
    The way he's done the cables looks more hardcore than the original ones.
    Annoying but AMAZING headphones
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Tech Guru

Never had a problem with mine and ClumsyMoe why the hell are you are you sleeping on them? I fall a sleep with ear buds in maybe but I destroy maybe a pair of those a month there would be no way in hell I would sleep on my pair.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Student

Well i guess its good thats it not just me, but bad that happens lol. Link to the guy who makes heavy duty cables?

Happens to me all the time, it started happening within 2 months of buying them, pretty dodgy when they are one of the most expensive dj headphones around.

Cable wrapping won't help though

Tech Student

Looks like a guy in the UK sells heavy duty replacement cables for the HD25 with thicker prongs. Its 80 bucks though, i guess thats not too bad to get rid of this problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast