trying to give a good advice?? i need your help 2
    Tech Mentor

Default trying to give a good advice?? i need your help 2

im being helping ppl a lot lately and educating them about digital djing and more about controlerismn .....now im trying to help my friend and is hard to decide he is leaving everything on me lol i have the last word but like he want a complete setup that will include mixer,soundcard,midi controller and maybe and effects unit (he dont need laptop or sofware he owns live and traktor).....what would you buy with 2000 dollars??

this was mine two options that i gave him

OPTION #1
    *Allen and Heath XONE 3D

OPTION #2
    *Korg Zero4
    *novation remote zero sl

OPTION #3
    korg zero 4
    Livid OHM

what would be your options??

BTW BENTO OR ANYONE CAN YOU MOVE THIS THREAD TO GENERAL DISCUSSION
    Last edited by luigislaperig; 12-04-2008 at 11:59 PM.

Tech Wizard

Korg zero 4 and eks otus, seriously considering this myself when I have the cash.

I hate answering a question, with a question...but

Is your friend planning to use this gear to dj @ clubs?

Does he have a current residency or is he planning to use this at home?

Reason I ask, is most clubs dont have room for a 3D.

I would say go with the OHM or Novation, and for a soundcard, audio 8 or something of that caliber.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

he plans to used in clubs i guess and on large events he is a sound engineer...he have alot of hook ups so is going to be easy for him to dj anywhere lol in fact he helps to fix and set up the sounds for a lot of event during Winter Music Conference lucky bastard lol anyways back to subject

the reason he want a mixer too is because he dont want to disconnect anything from clubs mixer that would take time and what about the dj who is playing before and after him

thats why i consider those options he want to control ableton and sometimes traktor (dont consider a VCI he can use mine for traktor)

The Xone:3d is an overhyped piece of crap, if I have to believe the stories on other forums. So please stay clear of that one.

I don't know exactly why you would want to go for a Zero4 and a Livid Ohm tbh.
    you have a mixer that can totally be mapped to MIDI, with onboard soundcard.
    And on top of that you're placing buttons and a crossfader?
    I think it's a bit double.

If I would opt for a Korg Zero4, I would rather have a button controller than a doubled functionality controller.
    I might try a Padkontrol, triggerfinger or look for a MIDIfighter?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------*p00f*
    Moved thread from "Controllers, Mods and Gear Reviews" to "General Discussion".
    Last edited by tekki; 12-05-2008 at 02:25 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I completely agree with Tekki's opinion/suggestion.

I would opt for the Zero4, Trigger Finger or KontrolPad, and for FX.. an EKS or similar...
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I would also say go for the Zero4 and some trigger controls (MPD32 or PadKontrol)

but I wouldn't worry about getting an external effects unit. If he has Ableton Live just run VST effects :-) He'll have money leftover cause the Zero4 + a control unit leaves some head room from $2000.

But no one's really asked, HOW does he want to mix? Like, why does he want an external mixer for Traktor and Ableton instead of just MIDI controllers, which are infinitely cheaper.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall