Anyone used the Midifighter with their S4 yet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Anyone used the Midifighter with their S4 yet?

I'm still so incredibly new to Traktor (this is day 2 of me playing with it) so the whole act of maping things on my own hasn't crossed my mind yet.

With the midifighter, does it need to be plugged into the S4 to work with the software? Or can I just plug it into my second USB and map it myself?

For those that are using it / planning on using it alongside the S4, what will you use it for?

For me, I'm thinking about using it for cue points for the main reason that the Midifighter is SO ACCURATE and works with every hit. The reason I decided I NEED to use the Midifighter to control my cues is that I was mixing with the S4, when to hit "Play" at the perfect time only to have it not react to my swift touch. This can NOT ever happen live. I would almost much rather use the keyboard shortcuts for cues (which are just as accurate as a midifighter IMO) or just be a lot more careful when pressing Play.

Second, I just want to map some effects to cut up the track live. Create some patters. I'm thinking Beatmasher and Gater that will effect the track only when the buttons are pressed down. I dunno lol.

And for any nice person out that, I have one more question maybe someone can answer so I don't need to start a new thread. My S4, it seems, to have no come with a user manual for the Traktor software itself. I don't know anything about the Traktor effects. I need to be able to read up on them and figure out what they do / how they work OTHER then just testing them. Anyone know where I can find the Manual?

-PL>Y

Tech Mentor

give me a couple more days to iron the bugs out of my mapping and i'll upload it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You plug the midi fighter into another USB port.

Check this thread for a couple of ideas on mapping a single button to different effects.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...ghlight=button

The manual downloaded with the software it's in the Traktor folder.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

photojojo,

unfortunately the only thing in my Traktor folder is "Recordings" and "Samples". I also have folders for the S4 and X1, but I've searched through each folder and can't find a Traktor manual.

All I've installed was the S4 disk.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Click help in Traktor should have an option to open manual.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I tried that, all I get is the S4 manual. Obviously it is helpful, but probably leans more towards a user that is already familiar with Traktor.

As a first time user I need to get more familiar with the software itself. That manual doesn't have any information on the effects. I don't know if I'm missing it somewhere, but it's got to be included, no?

Quote Originally Posted by PRESSPL>Y View Post
    I tried that, all I get is the S4 manual. Obviously it is helpful, but probably leans more towards a user that is already familiar with Traktor.

As a first time user I need to get more familiar with the software itself. That manual doesn't have any information on the effects. I don't know if I'm missing it somewhere, but it's got to be included, no?
    Buy the Traktor Bible.I just bought it two days ago,really helpful book.

Tech Mentor

But surely there is a free resource out there, something that probably should have came with the software no?

I mean, there MUST be a user manual for the software??????

I'd buy the Traktor bible, but after I've at least learned as much as a beginner should.

Tech Wizard

I'm using the midifighter 1.1tsi with Traktor in two deck mode (it's plugged into other usb port).

I use the midi fighter for beatmash/gater/filter as well as cuepoint juggles and use the other effects bank on the s4 for delays, turntable fx and stuff like that.

I never really got on with the beatslicer so I've kind of put that on the backburner for now.

Wouldn't say no to a specific mapping that complimented the S4 though.....

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sweens View Post
    Wouldn't say no to a specific mapping that complimented the S4 though.....
    I've got a basic one on the way that's just a conversion of the deckalised settings. But there's a button still free on it so some more TS4 related mapping is planned.

I also have a couple of ideas for some interesting layouts to compliment the s4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast