• TOTAL COMPUTER DJ IN A BOX

1 5.26%
  • VESTAX VCI-100

7 36.84%
  • OTHER... WHY?!?!

11 57.89%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Need a little more advice.

First time poster to the DJTT.com forums... so I'll give a little bit of background information before I inquire further for recommendations and such.

Budget: Somewhere around $600.00-800.00 CDN
    Music: I'll probably be spinning everything from House, Prog. House, Electro, DnB, Dub, etc.
    Laptop: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10152836.aspx
    Software: I plan on purchasing Traktor Pro now that it's at 50% off for a while.

Laptop has already been purchased. Traktor Pro and everything else has not.

This is where you guys come in. I've got my controllers narrowed down, but just looking for some final input.

NUMARK TOTAL COMPUTER DJ IN A BOX: http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?...8848&PT_ID=149

VESTAX VCI-100: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...ler?sku=630189

With the Vestax, I'll still need a sound card and a pair of headphones.

GIMME SOME HELP YA'LL. A little bit of why behind your answers will help me out a long way! If you've got another suggestion for me, toss it my way!

Tech Wizard

see if you can find a disappointed owner of a s4 and take it away from him/her.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Does your $600-$800 include the software and headphones purchase? Check the for sale forum for several used VCI's here guys are selling after going with the new S4. Might even be a few left that had audio card and software license included.

If not the VCI, Audio 2, and Sony MDR7506 is my recommendation. Not sure what that adds up to in Canadian money though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

budget wise, you're not that far off from an S4, then you don't need to buy Traktor Pro or a soundcard....heck, I'd say you're right on the money if you just get the S4.

Canadian money is on par with USD these days.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If that's the case then save a little more and get the S4. Use some cheap headphones for now and get better ones later.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

If you beat grid properly and know your tunes you don't even need headphones! BA-ZING!

Oh and IMO, I say - Traktor Pro and a Kontrol X1 hooked up through an external mixer.

First things first, on your poll I voted for Other.

I was in the same exact situation as you, little less than a month ago. Well I do not know if you're new to DJ'ing at all, but I am. Anyway, I was initially looking in the same price range as you, and long story short - I picked the S4 - and am in love with it.

I know it is a bit out of your price range, but it is worth stretching your dollars for.

When you do your research on the S4, you will see a people post few "problems" with the S4. Here is a thread that is currently being used, and in which you can scroll down to my post and see what the two major concerns / problems are and how easy they are to fix.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20393

Like I said, I would really really try to stretch my dollar to get the S4 if I could. If you can't, which we all understand since most of us are on a tight budget as well (atleast I am lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    First things first, on your poll I voted for Other.

I was in the same exact situation as you, little less than a month ago. Well I do not know if you're new to DJ'ing at all, but I am. Anyway, I was initially looking in the same price range as you, and long story short - I picked the S4 - and am in love with it.

I know it is a bit out of your price range, but it is worth stretching your dollars for.

When you do your research on the S4, you will see a people post few "problems" with the S4. Here is a thread that is currently being used, and in which you can scroll down to my post and see what the two major concerns / problems are and how easy they are to fix.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20393

Like I said, I would really really try to stretch my dollar to get the S4 if I could. If you can't, which we all understand since most of us are on a tight budget as well (atleast I am lol).
    I am completely new to DJ'ing. I have a crazy love for electronic music, know computers fairly well and this looks hella fun.

The budget does include software and headphones... to an extent.
    The S4 looks incredible, but my main concern is the money issue. Since I am so new to something... I feel as though a grand may be a little off the deep-end.

I've heard great things about the Vestax VCI-100, a lot of people the DJF.com forums recommend it.

Money money money... stressful stuff.

Thanks for all the input so far... atm I'm leaaaning towards the VCI-100 because it seems more money smart, but definitely not set in stone yet. Who else has things to say!

Quote Originally Posted by makesmiles View Post
    I am completely new to DJ'ing. I have a crazy love for electronic music, know computers fairly well and this looks hella fun.

The budget does include software and headphones... to an extent.
    The S4 looks incredible, but my main concern is the money issue. Since I am so new to something... I feel as though a grand may be a little off the deep-end.

I've heard great things about the Vestax VCI-100, a lot of people the DJF.com forums recommend it.

Money money money... stressful stuff.

Thanks for all the input so far... atm I'm leaaaning towards the VCI-100 because it seems more money smart, but definitely not set in stone yet. Who else has things to say!

Haha, same exact boat as me! Lucky that my Dad lent me the $1000 for the S4!

Btw - S4 comes with both the Software / Hardware. I don't know if the VCI does. Make sure you take that in to account .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast