What benefits will I get from Buying The Traktor Bible
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What benefits will I get from Buying The Traktor Bible

I am intrigued? having been a member of a few forums over the years I know there is a tendancy for the people on it to slavishly follow the status quo, if it's an exercise forum there's a majority of people following a certain regime, if it's a dance music forum you have people following certain djs, etc. It's not a bad thing, it's human nature, so when i see people championing something like the bible, I am of course interested but would like to know what I might really get out of it, rather than just buying it cos everyone says it's great, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    I am intrigued? having been a member of a few forums over the years I know there is a tendancy for the people on it to slavishly follow the status quo, if it's an exercise forum there's a majority of people following a certain regime, if it's a dance music forum you have people following certain djs, etc. It's not a bad thing, it's human nature, so when i see people championing something like the bible, I am of course interested but would like to know what I might really get out of it, rather than just buying it cos everyone says it's great, etc.

I am new to Traktor and took advantage of the sale on TSP about two weeks ago. While the Traktor manual is very good, it is still a manual and written like one. The Traktor Bible humanizes the manual and is much more engaging. Traktor can be setup in various ways and while the manual shows you how to set each way up, it is up to you to figure it out which path to travel. Mr. Haselier expands on this and provides reasons for choosing one way over the other (pros, cons, and his justification for choosing one way over the other). I think the best thing about the Bible is the amount of tutorials it offers. The beatgridding tuts got me up and running very quickly. I am awaiting the arrival of a Kontrol X1 and the Bible will be by my side as I jump into midi mapping.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

I guess it would depend on your personality type. I'm one of those people that reads the manual from front to back. I like to know the extent of what all my audio software and hardware can do, even if I'll never use some of the features. From all I've heard about the Traktor Bible it's a great resource to use as a manual replacement or suppliment. Now if you're the type that just wants to know the necessities to get up and running or likes to come to forums like these to get all your questions answered then maybe the Traktor Bible is not for you but after seeing some of the same questions rehashed to death on this forum I bet there's quite a few folks on here that wished everyone had it and read it.

PS: My Career is working with audio for a major studio. I never want to stop learning and always feel like there's things to add to the arsenal.
    Last edited by SirReal; 11-15-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: for the PS:
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Thanks chaps.

Is it a proper book that I could read on the commute to work or is it an e-book?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Proper book. Buy it, you won't regret it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Proper book. Buy it, you won't regret it.
    You know what, pay day on Friday, Imma gonna get it.

I've often been tempted but never done it. Maybe i should....
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Heres the 2nd Edition signed by the Guru himself. Its quite a big book like the real Bible but with a lot less Brimstone & Fire... If you look carefully enough you can find a picture of me inside it... its not advisable

I'd rather have you on vids, mate!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Hey Karlos (keeping the trend going )

I'm guessing there's going to be a new version coming out for the S4 software and whatever they end up calling the general release version, will that be available online if I buy a copy now?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast