Speaker size/type advice

Default Speaker size/type advice

Hey djtt fams, need some advice on something I know 0 about. Need to find some speakers for an outdoor party. They don't need to bang, in fact, they probably wont be turned up very loud at all, more for background music.

Anyway, as you can, outdoor is a little more difficult to navigate. The size of where people will be is probably roughly 20m by 20m, maybe a shade bigger. If you've got any idea of what I might need get at me!
    cheers

Tech Wizard

Need a bit more info dude, How many people will be there?
    When you say outdoor, do you mean completely away from buildings etc or are there walls and such nearby?

Outdoor as in park. Probably around 80-100 people. Closest building would be over 100m away.. Umm not sure if it will be under cover or not as it's not close enough to get the weather but that's probably a good idea incase it suddenly rains..

Tech Wizard

I would be looking at a pair of 15" and horns on sticks and a little sub, say 15" as well. Could probably get away without the sub, but more is always better. Take some rubbish bags to put over the speakers if it rains and a pop up to cover your equipment. All Good

Yup. A pair of powered 15"s on stands will more than suffice for background music.
    Mackie Thumps are great speakers for the price, Beringer and Yamaha make some decent cheap ones. If you just need them for this party go to a local music store and see about renting some.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Cheers doods! Yeah looking at renting so will do. Good info. love