Digital/Analog Starter Kit
    Tech Convert

Default Digital/Analog Starter Kit

Hey Guys,

Having recently come back into djing I am currently looking to build a new setup that would be compatible with ableton but also with classical analog mixing ( old setup being 2 X 1210 M3D turntables ), so what I am currently looking for is a decent ( cheap ) mixer, some form of midi controller that would be useful for live mixing but also for studio production, and 2 CD Players ( as I am moving towards MP3 this seems like a logical choice).

Now what I had in mind so far and with a budget of give or take around £600 would be:

- Behringer DJX750
    - 1 X Xone 2D ( if I can find a good second hand deal ) having a sound card is a big plus for this.
    - 2 X DNS 1000 or equivalent ( Pioneer CDJ I think are out of the question since they are well expensive and out of my budget ) I can probably pick up a pair of these for under £250 second hand.

Now I may have overlooked other equipment which may be cheap and even better so what I am asking is for an opinion on a good setup from you guys that may have come accross making these decisions.

Also as I intend to get one sooner or later I dont have much experience with Midi Keyboards and I am a bit confused on what I should really be looking for in one to get good value for money, so any opinions on this subject would be very much appreciated.

I know this is quite a long winded request but any opinions on any of these elements would help me alot, or any pointers on any bad decisions I may be about to make equipment wise.

I already own a macbook and ableton live.

Thank you very much in advanced.

Rav3n.

Tech Convert

Any ideas on good gear I could acquire?

Don't buy the Behringer mate - you'll regret it when it falls to pieces after a fortnight
    SC | MC

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply, what sort of mixer would you recommend?

Well I suppose you want a 4 channel mixer.
    For the price of the Behringer there's not a lot of choice to be honest - but there's the point - it's cheap for a reason.

I have owned one so I'm not just jumping on the slag off Behringer bandwagon - they make some cool, good value products - it's just that model I didn't like. Personally I would try anything else.

Haven't seen one or tried one but what about one of these ?

Look's a pretty simple layout - not too much to go wrong - Numark get a bit of stick as well but I know which I would prefer.
    SC | MC