Fairly basic question about using DDM-4000 with CD players and Traktor
    Tech Student

Default Fairly basic question about using DDM-4000 with CD players and Traktor

I recently bought 2 Stanton C324 digital CD players and now looking to order a Behringer DDM4000 mixer. I have Traktor installed on my laptop already and have been DJing with it on the computer for a very long time. What I'm wondering is if I have my players hooked up to the mixer and the mixer hooked up to the laptop with Traktor running, would I be able to play songs through the players, and be able to see them on Traktor (and the song's BPM) and thus be able to sync songs played on the CD players with Traktor? Would there be anything I would need to buy additionally? Just wanna be prepared before I order the mixer. Thank you

You will not see your currently playing cds in traktor, short of upgrading to scratch pro and using the cd players with timecode to control Traktor's internal decks. That shouldn't prevent you from manually beatmatching cds to traktor and you should in fact learn to do it.
    I have a ddm myself, except with TTs and before I crossgraded to TSP, I had some fun syncing 1/2 vinyls to 1/3 traktor decks. Do it for a bit, it'll make you a better dj.
    Last edited by bumtsch; 11-16-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Tech Student

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. Are you saying that the only thing I need to do is buy Scratch Pro? And also can you explain a bit better what timecode means? I apologize if I'm sounding like a big novice.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Time code are CD"s or records that send a special signal that can only be interpreted by either Traktor certified mixers or sound cards. The DDM400 isn't certified, but luckily TSP comes with an Audio 8 sound card which will allow you to play the time code. Basically how it works is you put the time code CD in and play your mp3's internally, but whatever you do to the CD player controls the MP3 inside Traktor. Traktor software is actually 50% off right now so it's the perfect time to upgrade.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Time code are CD"s or records that send a special signal that can only be interpreted by either Traktor certified mixers or sound cards. The DDM400 isn't certified, but luckily TSP comes with an Audio 8 sound card which will allow you to play the time code. Basically how it works is you put the time code CD in and play your mp3's internally, but whatever you do to the CD player controls the MP3 inside Traktor. Traktor software is actually 50% off right now so it's the perfect time to upgrade.
    Thanks, that clarifies it